IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS 10k
9/16/12, 1:53 AM   #31
Re: TSS 10k
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Racing View Post
Bryan Clauson crossed the line fourth but was re-positioned to the tail for missing the scales for post-race tech.
Wow, that is a big blow to BC's shot at the championship. From 4th to 23rd for missing the scales.

9/16/12, 2:26 AM   #32
Jerry Shaw

High drama at Tri-State Speedway, tonight. Not only did the Modern Day Cowboy come from the back of the B-Main to transfer into the feature, then win the A-Main from deep in the field. He did it without getting to run his heat and without even getting to run a single hot lap. It's no wonder he basically did nothing in the first half of the feature and didn't even get started on his amazing tear through this talent laden field, until the race was half way over! Once he was underway, it was a sight to behold! Up on the cushion on some laps. Diving for the tires on others. And threading the needle to take spots, on quite a few others. Once he was in the top 10, everyone in the crowd was aware of what was going on and with each position that he took after that, the crowd was wound up another notch. If he won this race, the crowd was just going to explode. You could just tell. After he had won the battle with Ballou for second and set sail for the leader, they were on their feet. And the first time he edged ahead of Larson, they let loose. But Larson didn't go down without a fight. And what a fight it was! The crowd was twisting and turning as they went back and forth. Daron almost spun it a couple of times in the closing laps, banged it off the wall a couple of times and was almost put in the wall by Larson at least once. But this was his night and he closed the show and brought down the house. As I was leaving, as I looked up at the crowd, who were still on their feet all you saw were smiling faces, people screaming and others high fiving one another. For those few moments, as this all unfolded, they were one. And that's why the crowd loves the Modern Day Cowboy at this place. He's done this there before. Rode into town and just burned this place down!

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/16/12, 2:26 AM   #33
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Wow, that is a big blow to BC's shot at the championship. From 4th to 23rd for missing the scales.
Only show up points tonight so it didnt hurt anything but the wallet.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/16/12, 2:44 AM   #34
sw1911

I don't recall seeing the crowd hanging around after the sprint feature to hear the winner's interview like it did tonight.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, rdzsprint
9/16/12, 2:50 AM   #35
Jerry Shaw

It would be enough if all we got tonight was the show Clayton put on, but we got a lot more than that. The war between Ballou and Clauson tonight, that was fought in two installments, one at the beginning of the race and one at the end, would prove to be the race's best battle. Those guys are great sparring partners. There's little time to breathe, when those two put the gloves on! Robert's improved his small track game by leaps and bounds over the last couple of years and is just about as good on the bullrings anymore, as he is on the big, fast, scary places. He drove his heart out, this weekend. Same can be said for Kyle Larson. He showed up and made everybody's race ticket worth more, both nights, this weekend. That kid's a racer and we're lucky to have him around. And also, before Daron got going on his rampage, Chase Stockon had went on his own for the first half of the race and was all the way up to third (from 17th!!) until an uncharacteristic spin in turn three. That was no shocker, because this has been the year the racing world has found out what most of us already knew. Chase Stockon is a great race car driver.

Last, but not least. It goes without saying that Tommy, Blake and their guys did a fantastic job in preparing this racing surface, tonight. They set the stage and the drivers did the rest. Great show!

Winston Churchill

9/16/12, 4:07 AM   #36
racephoto1

Congratulations to Ray,Daron , and the gang. Daron drove hs A$$ off. To literally pass every car at the track to win this feature was incredible to watch. I'll disagree with Mr.Shaw though . The only show this night was watching Daron Clayton slice anddice his way through the field. I've never seen anyone drive at TSS as he did tonight. This is definately one for the memory bank tonight.

The really neat part was watching the crowd give him a standing ovation when he went by Kyle Larson the first time, you could hear them cheering over the motors.

As for Chase Stockon, it's a real shame that he got in a tangle. It'd would have been really spectacular to watch Larson , Clayton, and Stockon duke it out,

Also thanks to the Helfrich crew for making a great surface.It was worth the looong drive tonight, that's for sure.

9/16/12, 12:35 PM   #37
SPRINTCAR

What happened to Windom after winning his heat. Apparently broke, motor?

9/16/12, 12:36 PM   #38
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Only show up points tonight so it didnt hurt anything but the wallet.
Ah, thanks. Nevermind then.

9/16/12, 2:27 PM   #39
Flatrightrear

Watching Daron reminded me of the old handy "Pocket Fisherman" commercials of long ago. Except there was no "skinning, scaling, gutting or boning." He just ate them whole.

9/16/12, 2:37 PM   #40
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Watching Daron reminded me of the old handy "Pocket Fisherman" commercials of long ago. Except there was no "skinning, scaling, gutting or boning." He just ate them whole.
Hey Tom. Maybe he was hungry.

This was yet another night in my home state when I wished I could have cloned myself. One of many good things about Mr. Clayton's racing is that he never ceases to amaze.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS 10k