IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well it looks official, Non Winged Sprints at the DTWC
3/4/09, 1:36 PM   #31
Re: Well it looks official, Non Winged Sprints at the DTWC
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

1. Brian Birkhofer (15B), Muscatine, Iowa, Mars Car, $50,000
2. Shane Clanton (25), Locust Grove, Ga., Rocket, $15,000
3. Steve Francis (19), Ashland, Ky., Rocket, $10,000
4. Scott Bloomquist (0), Mooresburg, Tenn., Bloomquist, $7,000
5. Tim McCreadie (39), Watertown, N.Y., Rocket, $5,000
6. Rick Eckert (24), York, Pa., GRT, $3,500
7. Jimmy Mars (28), Menomonie, Wis., Mars Car, $3,200
8. Darrell Lanigan (29), Union, Ky., Rocket, $3,000
9. Darren Miller (32D), Milledgeville, Ill., Victory Circle, $2,800
10. Jimmy Owens (20), Newport, Tenn., Bloomquist, $2,500
11. Earl Pearson Jr. (44), Jacksonville, Fla., MasterSbilt, $2,450
12. Josh Richards (1), Shinnston, W.Va., Rocket, $2,400
13. Chub Frank (1*), Bear Lake, Pa., Rocket, $2,350
14. Mike Marlar (78), Winfield, Tenn., Rocket, $2,300
15. Dennis Erb Jr. (28), Carpentersville, Ill., Rayburn, $2,250
16. Josh McGuire (41), Grayson, Ky., Rayburn, $2,200
17. Brady Smith (2), Solon Springs, Wis., Bloomquist, $2,150
18. Ben Adkins (B7), West Portsmouth, Ohio, MasterSbilt, $2,100
19. Eddie Carrier Jr. (28), Salt Rock, W.Va., Rocket, $2,075
20. John Blankenship (23), Williamson, W.Va., Bloomquist, $2,060
21. Dan Schlieper (9), Sullivan, Wis., Wild, $2,050
22. Jordan Bland (12), Campbellsville, Ky., MasterSbilt, $2,040
23. Steve Casebolt (c9), Richmond, Ind., Rocket, $2,030
24. R.J. Conley (71c), Wheelersburg, Ohio, Rocket, $2,020
25. Davey Johnson (17), Latrobe, Pa., Rocket, $2,010
26. Keith Berner (96f), Millersburg, Ohio, MasterSbilt, $2,000
27. Mark Banal (T8), St. Clairsville, Ohio, Rayburn, $2,000

Last years results and payout. Hopefully this sheds some light on what everyone is to expect for the weekend. http://www.dirttrackworldchampionship.net

3/4/09, 1:57 PM   #32
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
A horrible decision on many accounts.

The Sprint Cars are an unnecessary addition to the DTWC. There's plenty of other opportunities for good, high-paying sprint car races. Don't water down a premier Late Model weekend with it.

The addition of the Sprint Cars just enables people like Dan Hetser to proudly boast their ignorant hatred of anything closed wheel.
Well I am so happy that you were so able to single me out:eek: Maybe you should contemplate getting a transplant of certain parts of the male anatomy, it appears that you don't have any ba$$ to provide your name with your posts.Disclaimer:this is not meant to offend any of our female posters here on IOW.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/4/09, 3:34 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
You're right, Chuck. The Klash drew somewhere around 250 cars in 2007 and just shy of 300 last season. I wouldn't call that a "huge count" at all.
Thats not what I meant. I was talking sprints that the so called Mud Cab basher cared not to visit. So what, LBurg has one race against the KK on any normal saturday night there are FIVE TRACKS running them, Waynesfield, VCS, Put, Paragon, LBurg and sometimes a big show at Tri State, Eldora or wherever.. THE DTWS went on before now. I can only see the addition of sprints to the card as one more option for drivers and a show I may actually want to go to because of. I surely can't make the 4hr trip to Kokomo and still make work sunday at 5am or even church at 9am for that matter

Chuck,
P.S. I don't have anything against Cecil either. What I meant in the whole thing is the race is replacing NOTHING so why ***** about it?

3/4/09, 4:21 PM   #34
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Missed it by every number!
Are you sure this wasn't you
http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/say...gMaA_-7Qg.cspx

3/4/09, 9:32 PM   #35
HurstBros0

Is there a published purse breakdown for the sprints or will this be a "M"issing "S"ome "C"ash "S"eries type breakdown? Where it`s 5000 to win and 250 for eighth? I have been asked by more than one late model guy how non-wing sprints can afford to race so cheap . The guys at Mastersbuilt are in disbelief at the abundant car count at a 2-3 thousand to win show.

Well enough of the economic disparity crap. I hope the show goes off flawlessly and everyone involved has a wonderful time. :checkered:

Dan Hurst

3/4/09, 10:26 PM   #36
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstBros0 View Post
Is there a published purse breakdown for the sprints or will this be a "M"issing "S"ome "C"ash "S"eries type breakdown? Where it`s 5000 to win and 250 for eighth? I have been asked by more than one late model guy how non-wing sprints can afford to race so cheap . The guys at Mastersbuilt are in disbelief at the abundant car count at a 2-3 thousand to win show.
I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Yeah, maybe it does pay the same to start an MSCS and a L-burg event, but you get the chance to run for some big bucks. First of all Haubstadt is a long drive for Indy based teams. Secondly when the STADT and L-burg are running on the same night 40+ cars (including Robert Ballou, Daron Clayton, Brady Short, Jeff Bland, Dave Darland, etc) are at Haubstadt when L-burg gets what 25. Now would these 40+ cars drive to Haubstadt if the MSCS were short on $$$? Now I would like to make myself clear, I am not trying to bash L-burg. L-burg is a great facility and has a hard working promoter. I just think it is stupid to bash the MSCS when they have done a lot of great things for sprint car racing. If you don't like the MSCS just don't go to the races.
:checkered:

3/4/09, 11:29 PM   #37
HurstBros0

Aahhhhh.... Democracy in action . I ask about the pay breakdown and get some childs opinion.

Dan Hurst

3/5/09, 8:20 AM   #38
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Dan, hope you are fully recovered from your down time.Staying away from the possum innards & buzzard eggs I trust, at least cooking them now anyway:rolling
No change of seats over the winter? See you soon at a track somewhere, no innards & eggs please:eek:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/5/09, 10:52 AM   #39
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstBros0 View Post
Aahhhhh.... Democracy in action . I ask about the pay breakdown and get some childs opinion.
If that is what you call someone who is signed up for the selective service. I am not interested in getting involved in a name calling fight because that seems childish to me, though I am tickled to death that you took the time out of your day to find out all the info you could about me. Back on topic this sounds like a great event and if I have the time and/or $$$ at this point in the season I will be attending this race.
:checkered:

3/15/09, 10:31 PM   #40
az

you guys will find that the non wing car are going to be the best racing of the 3 days:checkered:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well it looks official, Non Winged Sprints at the DTWC