IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Zipadelli on Stewart
8/14/13, 2:06 PM   #31
Re: Zipadelli on Stewart
Justracin07

Count in two more - The New Mexico Motor Racing Assn. runs a non-wing series at NAPA Speedway in Albuquerque, and USAC SW Sprint Cars has a non-wing series in Phoenix. Any others ?

8/14/13, 2:13 PM   #32
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I do not attend many wing races, so as a sprint car fan I always wished he run more of what I go to. I think the reason he ran the wing cars was to challenge himself. I saw him win at Granite City on the old half mile when he caught Jack Hewitt in the Hampshire 63 and passed him while driving a V6 for glen Niebel. It still ranks as one of the most impressive drives I have seen. That win put him in the point lead, and helped cement his Triple Crown. (another impressive feat) As for Eldora, I have been going there since 1982, and it has been a wing and late model track since then. It is Ohio folks. I have seen him help people without any fanfare, and has fielded non wing cars. I know he has some tough decisions to make, as any person who employs hundreds of people would. Hope he gets well soon, and wish him luck with whatever he does.
Brent,

In regards the number of people Tony employs, he made the statement on the telecast of the truck race that he only has seven full time employees at Eldora. The rest are high school kids or volunteers. I thought that was an interesting tidbit. No doubt he employs considerably more than that in his NASCAR operation.

8/14/13, 7:53 PM   #33
mr nobody
Banned

Don't forget these guys when counting non wing sprints: http://www.traditional.umsprints.com/

8/14/13, 8:17 PM   #34
Randy6R

Get well Tony...... Open wheel racing needs you so don't stay away.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Zipadelli on Stewart