IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Are we blessed or cursed ?
6/19/14, 4:12 PM   #31
Re: Are we blessed or cursed ?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
This website wouldn't exist if it weren't for Indiana Sprint Week.
I have a general feeling that neither would some of the tracks.......

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/19/14, 5:10 PM   #32
dirt330

Without IOW I would never had met so many great race fans. Because of these fans my trips to the tracks in Indiana have been a real pleasure. Just wish I could meet more IOW fans in the future. It would be great to put a face with a name. It all started last year at The Burg Section A thanks to Marv ,Gregg,Danny B. Mud Packer,Racinbabe, Ed and Jerry S.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
6/19/14, 9:28 PM   #33
retired14

We are surely blessed. You take Sprint Week, The Smackdown, and throw in quite a few others from Haubstadt, THAT, Kokomo, Lincoln Park, Bloomington, what else could a race fan ask for? I even throw in a pavement race from Salem. Winchester, and Anderson. Sure does make for a nice spring and summer. Can't beat the racin', and can't beat the company you have at the tracks. Love it!!

3 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, mowerman
6/20/14, 1:30 AM   #34
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
In my opinion, sprintweek wouldn't be the same without IOW.
Its all good in indiana. The best race fans and the best race tracks in the world and the best promoter in the world for dirt track racing bill gardner and all the iow fans. Thanks bill for making this happen for us race fans.

3 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, mowerman
6/27/14, 8:00 AM   #35
Stephen Cording

Blessed indeed. In my opinion Indiana not only has what is quite arguably the purest form of motorsport left in the world but also arguably, has the best dirt tracks on to which to race non-wing sprints on.

Sometimes the track prep might not be perfect every night at every track, but from what I’ve experienced (I know it’s not as many as more experienced race fans out there) I’d say the tracks get it right more times than they get it wrong.

Watching Non-Wing Sprint Cars is an honour and an experience that should be cherished as one day it may be no more. And then what just NASCAR (the worlds longest advert).

Now I’m not going to fully blow smoke up Indiana as Illinois has some pretty good dirt tracks as well with Belle-Clair claiming the title of best Midget Track in the world following my visit for the POWRi Midget week.

Now things might not be 100% perfect at present with non-wing racing in the mid-west but it’s a darn sight better than I currently have in the UK - errr None.

Indiana you don’t know just how good you got it.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman
6/27/14, 8:44 AM   #36
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

As Stephen said ,best sprint car racing around .We've been coming out from California for 11 years and spending all summer back here . 3 and sometimes more races a week . It don't get any better . Thanks to all the tracks .

3 members like this post: bigq11, i love dirt track racing, Stephen Cording
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Are we blessed or cursed ?