IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?
10/13/11, 8:27 AM   #31
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
triplexxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Some times even a music teacher can't follow the beat
AERO take it easy on the music man u might ruffle his strings.

10/13/11, 8:55 AM   #32
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
The Kokomo Klash has been on my schedule for several months now. Before we have a bunch more people ready to tell the racers to stay home if they don't like it, I can well afford the entry fee for this race. My point in my first post on this thread apparently went way over the heads of most of you on here. Frankly I don't have time to rummage through every track's web site for the particulars of a $1200 to win race. I was on the road last week for 5 days in St. Louis, arrived back home Sunday night, addressed several business issues on Monday that were put on hold because I was away and spent the last two days preparing a race car for the Kokomo race.

A flyer was being handed out by USAC for the Kokomo race in the pit area at the Gold Crown event. I have it in front of me as I type. Nothing about an entry fee or a late fee. The flyer has a web site mentioned.. www.usacracing.com. Nothing about a Kokomo web site. "Jill" posted on IOW today the particulars of the race. Nothing about an entry fee or a late fee. I'm glad that some of you have all the time in the world to visit track web sites. Congratulations. I don't and since this is a race under the USAC D1 Midget deal, I would expect it to be conducted like other D1 events that I have participated in this summer. Yes, I paid an expected entry fee for those on the day of the race. I assumed that since it's a USAC event that the Kokomo race would be conducted in the same manner. Clicking through several pages on a web site to find out about an entry fee and late fee is not my idea of being upfront and specific of what to expect at this race. Plain and simple... If there's a late entry fee or deadline, be upfront with it. BTW, I have never heard of a late fee tacked on top of an entry fee for a run of the mill $1200 to win race.
So in other words you are saying you were "too busy" to do your due diligence, you got surprised and now you are complaining again. Looks like your fault to me. Just sayin.....

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/13/11, 9:14 AM   #33
DonMoore10

Here's a simple solution to all of this. Hoover and all the IOWheelers endorsing all the fees should meet Friday afternoon at the Kokomo Pit Gate shack and pay all the late penalties. You know... the late fee not mentioned on the USAC flyer handed out at St. Louis. Oh.... yeah... the IOW blurb written by Jill that conveniently left out all the entry fees and late penalties. OH... don't forget the three page computer exercise to find the mention of a late fee on the Kokomo web site. Bring plenty of money guys. SURPISE!!
Last edited by DonMoore10; 10/13/11 at 9:19 AM.

10/13/11, 9:40 AM   #34
kcarm92

gone to kokomo klash last to years aways had entry fee early or pay more day of race,big deal im just glad we get to race one last time before winter,also we have sprints and mod seems to me mods always have entry fees for all big races we just pay it and go on seems like anytime theres one for sprint cars everyone complains,no seems to mind paying entry fees to run sprintweek,and and JT do you pay the entry fee or your car owner.also for someone who dont race that much you sure do alot of complaining. good luck if you race at kokomo.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, burris7555, jim goerge, K9Racer, mowerman, SHORTBUS
10/13/11, 10:06 AM   #35
treecitytornado

Haven't raced as much this year due to money is tighter. Raced 22 times last year at 15 different tracks. I think some of you miss the point of starting this post. It wasn't to have a pissing match, it was to just see how people felt about the entry fee. Didn't know there was any crime in that. Its not like I can't pay an extra 20 or 30 bucks, its the principle of it and what if all tracks suddenly decided to do it every week. Would that be cool?
Posted via Mobile Device

10/13/11, 10:57 AM   #36
kcarm92

i think if weekly tracks started doing it then we all could complaine or boycott, but as this is a special event dont see a problem,but on the other hand if you go out to eat and they have a special its always cheaper,but at a race race track that means its gonna cost you more ummm just something to think about.

1 member likes this post: K9Racer
10/13/11, 11:32 AM   #37
racerjim2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
i think if weekly tracks started doing it then we all could complaine or boycott, but as this is a special event dont see a problem,but on the other hand if you go out to eat and they have a special its always cheaper,but at a race race track that means its gonna cost you more ummm just something to think about.
Maybe we all should just go out and eat instead of going to Kokomo.

What it boils down to is it costs $40- $45 for a pit pass for the owners while everyone else pays just $20. Now wouldn't that be discrimination?

10/13/11, 11:33 AM   #38
DonMoore10

I had quite a few race fans at the Gold Crown asking if we were going be at Kokomo. It takes a tremendous amount of time and patience to prepare a race car for a race. As of this writing, I'm still not done with it. We will be at Kokomo tomorrow but if I have to spend hours researching on a computer for unknown web sites and hidden fees or whatever, you can plan on one less midget race car showing up in the future. You people that have come on here throwing out trash need to decide if you want owners like me preparing race cars or spending our time on a computer researching this nonsense.

Don Moore
Moore Racing Enterprises LLC

1 member likes this post: nonwing77
10/13/11, 11:54 AM   #39
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Don, c'mon now... researching?? It's not that complicated.

You are going to race at Kokomo Speedway.

You visit the tracks website... http://www.kokomospeedway.net/

You take a quick glance at the front page... when you see the big banner that clearly says... 2011 Kokomo Klash Click for Details... You click on it.

The next page clearly shows all the details of the event.

That hardly sounds like research.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Mud Packer
10/13/11, 12:16 PM   #40
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Don, c'mon now... researching?? It's not that complicated.

You are going to race at Kokomo Speedway.

You visit the tracks website... http://www.kokomospeedway.net/

You take a quick glance at the front page... when you see the big banner that clearly says... 2011 Kokomo Klash Click for Details... You click on it.

The next page clearly shows all the details of the event.

That hardly sounds like research.
My point exactly Sorry Don I'm not paying your late fee just becuse you didnt do your homework

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?