IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most Improved Driver
10/1/12, 6:18 PM   #31
Re: Most Improved Driver
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
John... I posted the entire table because I knew somone would ask about someone else. Thanks for showing me that I was correct.
Yup you were.....I figured it out

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

10/1/12, 6:44 PM   #32
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I'd vote for either Chase Stockon or Kevin Thomas Jr.....
Not to take anything away from KTJ but he does have have Bubby in his pit and that tends to make everybody better

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Taylor21
10/1/12, 7:41 PM   #33
tirespin24

Race Count This Year: 1992
Race Count Last Year: 1994

I say Chase Briscoe..Look at the No Way Out 40 17th to 2nd, and Haubstadt 19th to 2nd. He's a good,smart kid whos always willing to talk.
Last edited by tirespin24; 10/1/12 at 7:42 PM.

10/1/12, 8:06 PM   #34
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Not to take anything away from KTJ but he does have have Bubby in his pit and that tends to make everybody better

Posted via Mobile Device
Very true. But, If your going to look at it that way, I'm sure Chase Briscoe had Kevin, which isn't a bad cut man to have in your corner either.

I agree with Russ, keeping up with Indiana racing from PA, there was quite a few drivers that stepped into the spot light this year. Indiana racing keeps getting better and better every year !!!! Lucky youguys !!!!!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
10/1/12, 8:12 PM   #35
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Very true. But, If your going to look at it that way, I'm sure Chase Briscoe had Kevin, which isn't a bad cut man to have in your corner either.

I agree with Russ, keeping up with Indiana racing from PA, there was quite a few drivers that stepped into the spot light this year. Indiana racing keeps getting better and better every year !!!! Lucky youguys !!!!!
Chase is lucky to have his dad in his corner, as far as bubby we may sell the house to get him in our corner before we are done. I may be the only thing holding my driver back. My vote for most improved driver goes out to Dave Darland.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

1 member likes this post: Pine
10/1/12, 8:40 PM   #36
TQ97

Top 5 in order and my reasoning and opinion only
1. Stockon, great improvement and ran against the best competition night in night out. I've seen others talk about overcoming adversity....nothing outdoes even attempting to compete right after losing your Mom.
2. Briscoe, some awesome runs from back of field and was in the B-ton points til the end. Struggled at ISW.
3. T-Mez, may seem like an odd selection, but seems to have stepped his game up considerably while being in a lot of different rides. Lots of bad luck it seemed or results would be better IMO.
4. Logan Hupp, Burg champion, would of been interesting to see him start on pole against USAC guys Saturday night.
5. KT Jr, again seemed like a lot of bad luck runs, my dark horse to contend in USAC 2013.
Honorable mentions: Beauchamp and Burton

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by TQ97; 10/2/12 at 2:19 PM.

2 members like this post: boomer, Shawn
10/1/12, 9:19 PM   #37
terrell854

Josh Burton could have been Lps champ had he not run the kiss and mscs races was in btown points race till late and tore up a car and his wins came against Stanbrough darland shuman cottle and to run top ten in a usac race all this from a guy who was happy just to make the show last year just him and his dad pretty good going to fun to see where it goes from here but lots of good drivers it is only going to get better

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: BlANDJR
10/2/12, 1:17 AM   #38
Stevensville Mike

I'm voting for Coleman Gulick. Every time i went down to Kokomo this year it seemed like he was in the thick of it. Then he went out and won the finale at Gas City as an encore.

2 members like this post: BrandonT30, FALCONEDDIE
10/2/12, 9:17 AM   #39
Keith Ford

Proud to say both Chase Stockon & Chase Briscoe are students of Paragon Speedway. Our Program works for the future of Sprint Car racing, thanks to these young drivers and all the others for making us proud. Thank You

1 member likes this post: jerrythar500
10/2/12, 9:24 AM   #40
Shawn

I'll have to toss my vote towards Chase Stockon, too. To think what he's accomplished this year is impressive. He's went all over the country and showed that he is a contender week in and week out. Also, having to endure a loss as monumental as he did, but still giving it his all behind the wheel in remarkable. More recently, to capture a win in a big money race with all of the big guns on your heels. Way to go! I've heard nothing but great things about the kid. So, this is the reason I'd send my vote his way.

This isn't meant to take anything away from Kevin Thomas, Jr. or Chase Briscoe. These two would be a close second in my books.

2 members like this post: boomer, Bushwacker
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most Improved Driver