IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo smackdown addition
1/9/18, 7:38 PM   #31
Re: Kokomo smackdown addition
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Wait, That was you at Eldora back then?

And no Brent, I don't consider it a conflict if a racer of USAC has questions or comments about USAC.
If you are asking about the 4 crown in 2006, yes that was me.
I agree with you, that is why I thought it was odd that he was questioning BOSS. You usually are one of the BOSS series biggest supporters. I have seen you defend them over less than that, and good for you. That is why I used Levi as an example, instead of Aaron from BOSS. This to me sounds like a good deal for BOSS. They must have thought so too, or they wouldn't have booked the date.
From the beginning I have not understood any of the negative comments. As a fan, I get a complete BOSS show along with a $10,000 to win, $1000 to start USAC race. Seems like the best of both worlds. I found out yesterday that the price isn't even going up.
Just for the record I plan on supporting WAR races too. It is a little harder based on where I live. I had planned on hitting Fairbury last fall, but after getting off work at 5:30 and looking at the radar, I wimped out. I like Casey and I am sure you are way more upset than he is. I am sure he has not lost 10 seconds of sleep over anything I said.
Somehow I think for some reason this is personal with you, and I don't get it. I didn't know we had a problem. I have had several people contact me today, and point out that out. I still don't think so, but I have been wrong before.
Also thanks for the kind words PJ Wright. Maybe if your up this way we can meet. I will be at Ocala for USAC in Feb.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 1/9/18 at 7:40 PM. Reason: added last 3 sentences

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, duel, Melmo, PJ Wright, racer-x
1/10/18, 10:10 AM   #32
duel

I agree Brent. I rectrack my post about the midgets. I was a little upset about the rule of no former smackdown feature drivers being eligible to run the Boss show. I kinda see their point now. They will still get a good bunch of cars and someone having tested the waters earlier may opt to run the usac show. That and probably shouldn't post late after having a few ginger ales. I still love the midgets at Kokomo though.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider, tamati
1/10/18, 4:48 PM   #33
Backitin

You guys got big problems, usac or boss maybe war. Sprintcars or midgets. Try living here your options are, oh never mind there are no nonwing options around these parts. Mud taxi's (bigblock mods) and wings, yawnnnnn. I cant wait till june 6th so I can see something with four wheels get sideways.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirt330, duel, hairracer44, jim goerge, luckybuc97, oppweld
1/11/18, 12:00 AM   #34
btg1963

I just think it is a shame Kokomo can’t give BOSS its own “Stand alone” night where ANYONE can enter their event.

1/11/18, 6:36 AM   #35
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I just think it is a shame Kokomo can’t give BOSS its own “Stand alone” night where ANYONE can enter their event.
I talked to a former BOSS champ a couple of years ago. He told me he didn't like when they ran for more money,because it made his 5 year old car tough to compete with higher dollar teams. I bet most BOSS teams are fine the way it is. I also think BOSS teams who work for a living would rather do this than come to Indiana on a Sunday night.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 1/11/18 at 7:59 AM.

2 members like this post: Kydehart, Will Shunk
1/11/18, 7:24 AM   #36
fish

Kokomo Speedway found a way to make what was the best week of my 2017 season even better for 2018. Bravo!

1/11/18, 4:40 PM   #37
D.N.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
So if a guy on that list was going to run for BOSS points in 2018, he wouldn’t be allowed and would get zero points for the night?
If you really want a correct answer why not go directly to usac, boss or the track to get your answer? Posting your question on IOW more then likely is going to get you inaccurate information or stir up a bunch of nonsense. And I’m sure you weren’t aiming to do that.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Rpracing1
1/11/18, 5:54 PM   #38
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.N.3 View Post
If you really want a correct answer why not go directly to usac, boss or the track to get your answer? Posting your question on IOW more then likely is going to get you inaccurate information or stir up a bunch of nonsense. And I’m sure you weren’t aiming to do that.
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I have no interest here, except that I love racing and I can't wait to go to smackdown this year. However, by bringing this back up after it's been hashed and rehashed aren't you just trying to stir up nonsense?

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo smackdown addition