IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A tough time in Binghamton
9/9/11, 9:16 PM   #31
Re: A tough time in Binghamton
backitin

Best fishing is in November when the salmon die believe it or not, thats when the Steelhead take over all 8-25lbs or so, brite as a dime. I got mojo when it comes to steelhead and I'm usually into some of the biggest fish. The other thing is in nov. the brown trout fishing is crazy, they're easy to catch and run from like 8lb's to close to 30. The browns follow the salmon to eat the egg's then head back to the lake in late nov. The steelhead stay all winter feeding getting ready to spawn in spring then head back to lake. Some of the best steelhead fishing is in the dead of winter when we have up to 15 ft. of snow on the ground. Since my accident I cant winter fish anymore and honestly its hard getting to rivr anyhow. I fish for steelhead for the first couple hours the the rest of the day the browns are the bread and butter fish you can hook up pretty steady all day. Plus I'm not big on crowds so if I wait till nov. the salmon snaggers are gone by then and you can really fish. I'm good about the flooded cottage my wives brother likes to take over so I'm headin up for a month or so next week. Anybody wants to fish call (570) 396-8783. I'm directly off rt. 81 easy to find. It's dangerously addicting to some so be forewarned, you can end up like a fishing bum same as me. Last season on flyrod my biggest King salmon was 37lb's, my biggest Steelhead was 24lbs, and I caught a 29lb brown all in a river bout 25 yards across. Its pretty amazing actually and tll you see it you cant believe it.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
9/9/11, 10:13 PM   #32
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well wishes and Prayers to not just Binghamton but all of Appalachia who are suffering flooding...
I don't think the residents of New York would appreciate you refering to them as part of Appalachia! Haha... That's like saying to Hoosiers are from dixieland!
Last edited by LocalYokel; 9/9/11 at 10:15 PM.

9/10/11, 8:59 AM   #33
Re: A tough time in Binghamton
backitin

I want you guys to know I was serious about the free fishing trips, for some people its a life changing event, like seeing your first sprintcar. I'll be off grid for the next 5 or 6 weeks. We have no cell service up there but my txt's come and go so that would be the way to go. (570) 396-8783. I can handle two folks at a time, to me it's more fun watching and teaching someone to do it after I catch my bunch early in the season. I'm spoiled when it comes to fishing, a small trout here is 10lbs.
see ya,
Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A tough time in Binghamton