IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Outlaws @ Haubstadt Sunday 5/3
5/4/15, 10:22 AM   #21
TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
Good race! Looked like Madsen parked it when Rico got into him. Kerry was in just about every caution. Haubstadt is my favorite racetrack as I grew up going there weekly but it has turned into the dustiest track.
That was the dustiest Ive ever seen haubstadt as well. We looked at the track after the race and noticed white flakes that appeared to be bark mulch? Not sure if that's really what it was but we had never noticed it before last night.

5/4/15, 10:50 AM   #22
Re: Outlaws @ Haubstadt Sunday 5/3
JJMooney

By my count, Kerry Madsen was involved in six separate incidents during the feature. I know we all have bad days, and I know all of those accidents weren’t entirely his fault, but at some point he should've been told to just park it. Madsen was added to the field by taking a provisional which just added to the pointlessness of it all. Those stoppages ruined the momentum of what could have been a spectacular race. It was still a good race in my book, but it could’ve been something really special without all the yellows and reds. I would have loved to have seen Rico and Brady go it a few more laps.

Also, I have to comment about the crowd last night. Looking at the stands, I’ve got to think Tommy took a little hit with this WoO show being on a Sunday as opposed to Saturday. It was still a BIG crowd, and he no doubt made money, but it wasn’t what it’s been like in previous years. Those Saturday WoO shows have been uncomfortably crowded. Crack to crack in the stands, long lines, etc. A couple of real positives with a Sunday race, from a spectator view-point: 1) There were more cars – the move to Sunday actually helped the car count I believe – both sprint cars and modifieds. 2) Running a big show on Sunday night definitely cuts down the drunken yahoos. There was a noticeable difference in that aspect last night.

2 members like this post: AB Racing, bmemmer
5/4/15, 1:18 PM   #23
Re: Outlaws @ Haubstadt Sunday 5/3
Flatrightrear

If anybody wants to complain about the dust Sunday night then they have never been to a dusty track. The racing under green was fantastic, loads of passing, quick times set during all of qualifying and cars could run anywhere on the track. To me any dust complaints are ridiculous. Go to a NASCAR race next time. Good seats everywhere are still available.

5 members like this post: AB Racing, ekohl23, rclaridge, Scott Bradley, stealth43k
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Outlaws @ Haubstadt Sunday 5/3