IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington updates 6/6/14
6/6/14, 10:28 PM   #21
Eatin Dirt

So I take it Shu won ?

6/6/14, 10:31 PM   #22
Re: Bloomington updates 6/6/14
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Wow, that was DEFINITELY worth the wait!!! Shuman wins over Briscoe, Short, Barrow, and Bland.

5 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Deansnuts, Melmo, Motormasher, racegal
6/6/14, 10:40 PM   #23
Eatin Dirt

Thanks Chris.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
6/6/14, 10:54 PM   #24
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Thanks for the updates CN!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

6/6/14, 10:54 PM   #25
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Ethan Barrow and Chase Briscoe led the field to the green flag in the Sprint car feature, with Briscoe leading the first circuit. Casey Shuman moved from third to second, getting around Barrow, leaving Barrow to contend with Jordan Kinser on the ultra-fast surface. The yellow would fly on lap three, as Shelby VanGilder spun in turn four. A multi-car accident on the ensuing restart slowed things down again. Brady Short was able to move into fourth when racing resumed, getting around Kinser. By the nine lap mark, the top two cars of Shuman and Briscoe were almost a full straight head of the third place car of Barrow. Just before the halfway mark, Shuman and Briscoe would wage a back and forth, high and low battle for the lead as the duo worked towards lapped traffic. Shuman took the lead from Briscoe on lap 12, and led Briscoe, Barrow, Short, and Kinser at halfway. Short was able to get around Barrow for third, but the show was about to begin up front. Shuman and Briscoe played an absolute perfect game of cat and mouse through lapped traffic. Briscoe would try the high side, but couldn’t make it work. Shuman held his line through lapped traffic, with Briscoe trying everything he could with laps ticking down. With just three to go, Briscoe was on the move, closing in on Shuman. With one lap to go, Briscoe decided to make his move. He tried a slide job going into turn one, but couldn’t make the pass. Going into turn three, he tried the same move, and made contact with Shuman. Shuman and Briscoe both kept it in the gas, and finished almost neck and neck, with Shuman picking up the win. Shuman noted in victory lane that “I don’t care if I have to finish upside down, as long as I crossed the line first. I’m not mad at Chase (Briscoe) if I was in his position, I would have done the same thing”

Sprint car heat race winners were Jordan Kinser, Casey Shuman, and Chase Briscoe

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, FishBurger, racegal
6/7/14, 3:16 AM   #26
racephoto1

The neat part of the last lap was when Shu caught traffic entering 3. Bottled him up just enough for Chase to take a last shot. They banged wheels a couple good ones off of 4 to the stripe. Great show. The only feature that wasn't decided at the stripe were the mods.All the other features went to the wire.

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
6/7/14, 8:07 AM   #27
Motormasher

thanks Chris...awesome job updating & summary. Glad to see Short & Bland stay loyal to their home track.
Congrats to Shu

6/7/14, 12:28 PM   #28
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

One of the most bizarre evenings I've ever spent at a race track, but what a sprint feature! Wonder if anybody got video of the water truck going through the guardrail?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington updates 6/6/14