IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Auston Dillon
2/24/14, 6:31 PM   #21
Re: Auston Dillon
racer-x

[QUOTE=Crankin;366625]No, no, no! The proper NASCAR way to say it is Paw Paw. Geesh.

Good comeback! Paw Paw just made me LOL and have some milk sprew out of my nose!!

2/24/14, 6:38 PM   #22
PatrickMead#13

Have cash, will crash.....

2/24/14, 6:40 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/alb...pictureid=2674
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/24/14 at 6:41 PM.

2/24/14, 6:50 PM   #24
Kevin O'Neal

Race Count Last Year: 20

Does anyone know that Austin Dillon is also a dirt tracker who won a dirt modified feature at the Volusia Speedway Park dirt track after winning the Daytona 500 pole?

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
2/24/14, 7:48 PM   #25
Flatrightrear

Yeah, I knew. I saw it. Didn't root for him, though.

2/24/14, 8:32 PM   #26
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neal View Post
Does anyone know that Austin Dillon is also a dirt tracker who won a dirt modified feature at the Volusia Speedway Park dirt track after winning the Daytona 500 pole?
Somewhere we have lost our way. Austin has been running dirt modifieds and late models for many years. The normal complaint about all of the guys in Indy Car is that they never set foot at a dirt track. This is where Austin started. Austin won the modified race after winning the pole for the 500. Someone asked him how he stays grounded, his response was racing his modified at the dirt track. This should be a driver that this board loves.

With all that being said, he did seem to be involved (or the cause) in most of the wrecks. However, Larson decided to wall-it in the first three laps. I would say that it was not a good showing for either rookie.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, davidm, FishBurger, Russ, Sandy Lowe
2/24/14, 8:45 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Big difference in a cut tire and hitting everyone on the track

5 members like this post: Gregg, jstar43, Onlydirt, robert gatten, team3521
2/24/14, 8:48 PM   #28
The Fanthom

Race Count This Year: 1

What a bunch of sorry whining. For people who hate Nascar so much, sure spend a lot of time talking about it. I met Austin Dillon last year at Haubstadt and he was an extremely polite, friendly young man and talked to my two kids about Late Model racing, which is what he was doing. I'm a Larson fan too, but all this outrage about the wreck seems to forget that Larson drove a perfectly good race car into the wall on LAP 1. Dillon got caught up in the same wreck as Danica and suffered damage which may or not have affected his handling. Oh and he finished 9th. What a loser! Lol. Hatin is such an ugly thing.

2/25/14, 12:04 AM   #29
racephoto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fanthom View Post
What a bunch of sorry whining. For people who hate Nascar so much, sure spend a lot of time talking about it. I met Austin Dillon last year at Haubstadt and he was an extremely polite, friendly young man and talked to my two kids about Late Model racing, which is what he was doing. I'm a Larson fan too, but all this outrage about the wreck seems to forget that Larson drove a perfectly good race car into the wall on LAP 1. Dillon got caught up in the same wreck as Danica and suffered damage which may or not have affected his handling. Oh and he finished 9th. What a loser! Lol. Hatin is such an ugly thing.
I don't dislike either Dillon boy , I've met them both , and seen them both run on dirt and pavement. I just don't think Austin is ready for the big time yet. After watching yesterday, he has a long way to go. Also, he hasn't seen hate yet, do this 2 or 3 more times , and he will.

Also just because you win on dirt doesn't mean your ready for Daytona. If a guy wins a modified race at Bloomington , it doesn't mean he's ready for Daytona the next day.

2 members like this post: Gregg, Mud Packer
2/25/14, 1:16 AM   #30
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
There was a spin off of four with like ten to go, Car came to a stop and sat there just at the entry to pit lane. That would normally bring out a yellow. Any other time it would, Wouldn't it? But the 88 was out front. Can't have that. It was like 30 seconds after that car stopped there that they said hew as going again.

Say what you will, But I've even seen drivers say it, Guess there man wasn't out front when certain phantom yellows come out and they'll throw it only if they absolutely have too when the chosen one is. I've pretty much hated Restrictor Plate racing since it started. Put 305s in em and let em race normally. Jeeze.
Just to play devils advocate here, i do believe they were just trying to beat the weather which is why they didn't throw the caution which they should of weather or not, I know Kurt Busch wasn't very happy as he had some choice words for NASCAR on the radio, but Dillon was driving like he was at a carnival and driving bumper cars. He might of finished 9th but that's only because he and harvick took out half the field. He's talented but not ready for the "big time"

2 members like this post: racephoto1, robert gatten
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Auston Dillon