IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin Indoor Rescheduled
2/14/14, 10:44 AM   #21
Re: Du Quoin Indoor Rescheduled
cws9

Steve - it is a thankless job being a promoter. Living in Missouri I know the weather heading that way is just now heading through here. There wasn't many entries from my area but with the change of dates I think you will pick up a few now. Not sure if I personally will be ready but it should be close by then. I hope it goes off in March without a hitch.

2/14/14, 11:13 AM   #22
Steve Nace

Thanks for your support. Hope to see you in March.

2/14/14, 11:50 AM   #23
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nace View Post
Normally I don't respond to all the negativity posted when something like this happens. However most of you don't know me and I don't know you. We have been creating, promoting and producing Mini Sprint, Motorcycle, ATV & Kart racing events for over 22 years. Do we do everything right, absolutely not. However we do take everything into consideration when cancelling or re scheduling an event. Based on the changing weather conditions, predicted for Du Quoin for this weekend, and after many conversations with the key people involved , it was decided this would be the call to make. This was not some big conspiracy. All refunds requested, Which their were very few, have already been taken care of. Either credited to your card or checks mailed out today. While I am sure some of you had expenses that can't be recovered, Im pretty sure it cost no one as much as the promoter when this happens. Which is a chance we take and accept. If you had a motel room in the area that will not give you a refund on your room and you cancelled it yesterday, Please contact me and I will take care of it. Hopefully enough of you will be able to attend the March event to make it a successful enough event for it to happen again next Winter. Hope to see you in March.

Steve Nace
Steve Nace Racing Promotions
snace@apex.net

Steve

Like my daddy said "I LIKE YOUR STYLE" . From talking with you I am pretty sure you are "legit". We probably have 100+ cars in a 400 mile radius of Du Quoin. Everybody wants a big race for the 1200-1000cc full midget bodied race cars. You have the perfect venue for such an event.

I see all of us getting rid of the wings for most of our races in the future, maybe inviting a few other closely related Midget bodied classes such as Kenyon Midgets, Echotecs midgets, and Focus midgets into one larger class and still having a very affordable and fun open wheel race class. Maybe Du Quoin could be used to help bring them or some of them together.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/14 at 12:07 PM.

2 members like this post: tandtinc2424, Wayne Davis
2/14/14, 12:09 PM   #24
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Steve

Like my daddy said "I LIKE YOUR STYLE" . From talking with you I am pretty sure you are "legit". We probably have 100+ cars in a 400 mile radius of Du Quoin. Everybody wants a big race for the 1200-1000cc full midget bodied race cars. You have the perfect venue for such an event.

I see all of us getting rid of the wings for most of our races in the future, maybe inviting a few other closely related Midget bodied classes such as Kenyon Midgets, Echotecs midgets, and Focus midgets into one larger class and still having a very affordable and fun open wheel race class. Maybe Du Quoin could be used to bring them all together.

Honest Dad himself
Dad,
What you're suggesting is exactly what groups like IMRA, Wayne Davis' bunch in Florida and Montpelier Motor Speedway are endorsing, and I feel strongly is the way to go in the future for those of us who prefer to run non-wing. But I don't want to hijack the post by going too far down that rabbit trail...
Steve, I apologize for getting sucked into the negative vortex and I wish you nothing but success; if I get the car far enough along by the 29th to give it a shot I'll make every effort to support you. My main focus is to run the full season at Montpelier, but if the car's not far enough along to bring it to Du Quoin but close enough I can spare the time I'll be there in the stands.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 2/14/14 at 12:10 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
2/14/14, 12:14 PM   #25
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Dad,
What you're suggesting is exactly what groups like IMRA, Wayne Davis' bunch in Florida and Montpelier Motor Speedway are endorsing, and I feel strongly is the way to go in the future for those of us who prefer to run non-wing. But I don't want to hijack the post by going too far down that rabbit trail...
Steve, I apologize for getting sucked into the negative vortex and I wish you nothing but success; if I get the car far enough along by the 29th to give it a shot I'll make every effort to support you. My main focus is to run the full season at Montpelier, but if the car's not far enough along to bring it to Du Quoin but close enough I can spare the time I'll be there in the stands.

Jim

All great minds think alike! Took me forever to get Wayne to drop the LIGHTNING and pick up MIDGET. If we just think about it a little the big kicker is how we get power to the rear wheels. I tend to think that FWD might be the way to go.

Jim we would be proud to pay you into the pits!

The best way that I know to get racers together and on the same line is MONEY>

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/14 at 2:15 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
2/14/14, 4:35 PM   #26
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Thanks Dad; if we don't get the car done I'll give you a shout.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2/15/14, 10:13 AM   #27
DAD

New Albany Indiana Up date

Slid off my driveway into a ditch going home last night. Got up to 11 degree temp and un plowed roads this morning. No way that trailer and hauler would have made it off my hill in one piece last night. I sure am glad I didn't have to white knuckle it down I-64 last night also.

Thank you Steve Nace!
Hope to meet you in March.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/16/14 at 11:21 PM.

2/15/14, 11:18 AM   #28
Steve Nace

Thanks ! Glad you made it home safe. I want to thank everyone ( 99% anyway)for your understanding in the rescheduling of this event. Kelly or I attempted to contact everyone that had pre entered both by phone and e mail. The majority of you were great. I was contacted by someone that their refund had not been credited to his card yet. Most of the time it takes a couple of buisness days. Please contact me the first of the week if you have not recieved your credit.

Hope to see you in March.

Steve

4 members like this post: DAD, jjones752, KYRON, ronmil
2/16/14, 8:36 PM   #29
rogers77

Glad some of you backed up a little on Nace! We have run jrs sprints at his kart shows at duquoin for the last 4years! Steve is a good man...I know how some promoters are but this guy is truly good people! Hope to see a good turnout in march....I know it will be hard for some with the summer racing starting in April...but if the car count is good mabey next winter we will have a place closer than Tulsa to race! It take a positive attitude from the racers and the promoter to make a good show!
Last edited by rogers77; 2/16/14 at 8:39 PM.

3 members like this post: DAD, jjones752, KYRON
2/18/14, 3:26 PM   #30
Steve Nace

Those of you expecting credit card refunds, Please contact me if you haven't gotten them in a couple of days. The last ones were processed on Friday.

Thanks,
Steve

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin Indoor Rescheduled