IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
8/28/13, 9:51 AM   #21
Re: Kyle Larson
ThePurple73

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsonfan View Post
Now I will finally have a reason to watch NASCAR again. Larson has earned this opportunity - let's see what he can do!
You are 100% on every aspect of your post. Some here are speaking of Rich Vogler, I remember when he was running Indy, it sure gave me a renewed interest, same with the time Jack Hewitt was at Indy. Kyle will give us a reason to see what he can do in the Sprint Cup.

1 member likes this post: larsonfan
8/28/13, 12:05 PM   #22
fishnman

I hope he does well, and becomes a winner right off the get go, unless of course some European Indy driver with lets say with a well known actress for a wife brings in a boat load, no a yacht load, of cash and boots him out, oh wait that has never happened before has it? NASCAR bah humbug
Last edited by fishnman; 8/28/13 at 4:11 PM. Reason: cuz

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, PIT CART, racephoto1
8/28/13, 4:09 PM   #23
midgetmaniac

I think he is like many have said is the best young talent since Gordon. Ganassi had to do this or he was going to lose him. Indy does not get it, American race fans want to watch a race with American announcers with American drivers mixed in with a few of the top talent from overseas. Until they figure that out , they will play second fiddle to Nascar. Penske and Ganassi are trying their best to ruin Nascar the same way they ruined Indycar by taking the money over talent. Let's see who wins this battle. We all know that the young talent we watch on a weekly basis regardless of the racing background they come from is better that some of the drivers we see getting into the Indycar rides. I'm not saying that foreign drivers are not talented , I just saying that the depth of the talent pool is not reflective of who should be in an Indycar. I look forward to seeing Kyle at the next level because as my favorite driver is on the downturn(Gordon) my other favorite driver is about to take the Nascar world for a wild ride. I hope JPM goes back to Indy because that is where he should have been all along.
Last edited by midgetmaniac; 8/28/13 at 4:15 PM.

8/28/13, 4:43 PM   #24
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetmaniac View Post
Penske and Ganassi are trying their best to ruin Nascar the same way they ruined Indycar by taking the money over talent. L
Ok, you've got me confused. Ganassi is replacing Montoya with Larson. How is that taking "money over talent"? Unless of course you think Montoya has the talent and Larson has the money.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

8/28/13, 5:21 PM   #25
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Ok, you've got me confused. Ganassi is replacing Montoya with Larson. How is that taking "money over talent"? Unless of course you think Montoya has the talent and Larson has the money.
No , sorry for the confusion , I don't think it is happening in this case at all. I'm referring to the overall big picture of how these 2 owners changed the way drivers are able to get a ride at the next level. Kyle was going to get a ride regardless. JPM is a quality driver in a Indycar. You will be hard pressed to find a driver that was as smooth as he was in his Indy 500 victory that I watched firsthand.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
8/28/13, 7:03 PM   #26
bighd0522

Hopefully the driver isnt faster than the car and team

Posted via Mobile Device

8/28/13, 7:21 PM   #27
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighd0522 View Post
Hopefully the driver isnt faster than the car and team

Posted via Mobile Device
I'm pretty sure that is going to be a fact.

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
8/28/13, 7:41 PM   #28
kidrock

If this is true, I believe the the sponsor has spoken but, I also believe they have picked a very talented driver. Heck Montoya has not done much in the car so, what could it hurt at this point.

8/29/13, 11:48 AM   #29
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

According to Fox Sports, Kyle Larson will drive the Target No. 42 on the Sprint Cup circuit next season for Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing. A source with the World of Outlaws indicated to us this week that Larson is considering putting a WoO team together and putting Shane Stewart in the car. Stewart is driving Larson's car, which is owned by Rico Abreu's father, in select shows in the last two months of the season. We will be following this story over the next week.

8/29/13, 11:55 AM   #30
SPRINTCAR

That's one thing that ticks me off about Jeff Gordon. He did not help anyone out as far as a team, where he came from. Just kept the money in his pocket.

4 members like this post: larsonfan, PAW, racephoto1, smith19
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson