IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hearsay
4/27/13, 12:03 PM   #21
Re: Hearsay
Obie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
Street stock feature was interrupted with a red thrown so 2 ambulances could get to pits to deal with this. Coleman went to the Hazen pit and was only was having words with Chad when the older man told Coleman to get out of their pit - not 100% sure but people were saying the older man was Chads grandpa. Coleman just turned around and laid into him. Some guys pulled him off the older man and then chad got some licks in. The cops were looking for Coleman but I believe he had already left. As for USAC they put Ballou on probation for green flag racing they deemed was "avoidable contact" let Levi off for the same thing so who knows how they'll handle this. Last year they just sat Cottle down for the night when he had a scuffle with tmez but that was driver on driver - not driver on fan.......

Posted via Mobile Device
I've no dog in this hunt, but I do know it wasn't Chad's Grandpa...I texted his Grandma & she told me so...don't know anything else and I wasn't there.

4/27/13, 1:03 PM   #22
Buckeye_Openwheel
Inactive Member

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 30

I have nothing to add as far as what happened last night but will say Coleman seems like a great stand up guy and been a fan of chad for a long time

I have no problem with two drivers confronting each other, if everything else happened as is said here I'm sure there was some lapse in judgement.

My problem here is everyone is jumping off and making this a legal issue... if that happens it just makes the situation worse for everyone. I would much rather just receive a sucker punch in the nose then get punched press charges and have to deal with all the legal ramifications of pressing charges in such an altercation.

If things are how they are said here Coleman probably owes an apology and I'm sure he is man enough to have that conversation.

If no one was hurt, there is no point to involve the legal system the only people that benefit from that are lawyers. Furthermore there is no point to calling someone out on a message board, if you really have a problem with someone have the testicular fortitude to confront them face to face. Going back and forth on a message board just makes everyone look bad

I have no dog in this fight just have a strong disdain for the way these things sometimes play out

- pete smith

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: mtek56, Racingperry4
4/27/13, 1:04 PM   #23
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Hope everyone quits bickering soon before there's more fights. Its race day guys! Smile. What happen has happened. Nothing we can do or say can change anything. I will say one thing that hasn't been said much. I hope the gentleman who got involved is okay. A foot to the head sounds like it could hurt.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: 1BIGracefan, cwfan08
4/27/13, 1:35 PM   #24
HEAD

All you keyboard jockeys having a good ole fashioned pissing match and still NO BODY has been able to say why this whole thing started in the first place. What happened on the race track to provoke Coleman to go down to the 57 pit to begin with?

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
4/27/13, 1:40 PM   #25
mini27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
All you keyboard jockeys having a good ole fashioned pissing match and still NO BODY has been able to say why this whole thing started in the first place. What happened on the race track to provoke Coleman to go down to the 57 pit to begin with?
A wreck

Posted via Mobile Device

4/27/13, 3:03 PM   #26
dirtflinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini27 View Post
A wreck

Posted via Mobile Device
Really? A wreak? I would have never guessed!! I thought they had dinner or something that they ended up fighting about! Come on man!

4/27/13, 3:15 PM   #27
cshuman

Surely there is a video up on the net this morning of what caused it... Ohhhh wait...

Posted via Mobile Device

4/27/13, 5:06 PM   #28
torqueball

cshuman

Surely there is a video up on the net this morning of what caused it... Ohhhh wait...

Now thats funny.......I dont care who ya are...

4/27/13, 6:01 PM   #29
Shawn

Ridiculous!

It wasn't one punch, nor did he stop at a punch, but kicking once he's on the ground. This man had every right to voice his opinion. Coleman chose to go to his pits. Unless Coleman was hit first by him, then he didn't deserve to by assaulted...period.

I wasn't there, so I'm just going on what I've read.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: hoosiers47404
4/27/13, 6:44 PM   #30
Jonr

What ever happened to race track etiquite. When I was growing up, you were taught never to go into someone else pits when you were mad. Nothing good ever comes from this. If CG did go to the other person's pits, he is in the wrong. Period.

I once raced a track where someone went into somebody's else pits in a fit of rage. He tried to jump the other driver, but instead was jumped by the entire crew of other driver. He got beat up pretty bad before the fight was broken up. The driver who went to the other persons pits went to the promoter and complained that he got beat up when he went to the other persons pits. The promoter listened to his complaint, and asked him if he was the one that went into the other person's pits. When he said yes, the promoter then suspended him for a week for going into the other person's pits. When the person asked about the pit crew that beat him up, the promoter said that they were in their pits and that he was not going to punish them since they were in thier pits.

4 members like this post: HurstBros0, speed bump, spicoli, younggun398
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hearsay