IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Plymouth canceled tonight
7/7/12, 5:56 PM   #21
Re: USAC at Plymouth canceled tonight
Tracy Hines Racing

From a driver ,crew chief it was very hot last i got dizzy twice and in the feature really hot in the car. Chuck power I canceled races cause of the heat and so did gas city. Im not saying timing was good should have been early. Before you guys comment think about our crews in this heat some older and volunteer.
Last edited by Tracy Hines Racing; 7/7/12 at 5:59 PM.

7/7/12, 5:59 PM   #22
K-Dawg30

USAC has shown time and time again that they care about one thing and one thing only.....drum role please......MONEY!!!

Just look at the state of Silver Crown racing right now. They virtually have ruined one of the premier American racing series' for a big $$$ sponsorship from Ignite (Rumor has it $350,000 worth; again what I have heard and may no way be fact).

Pavement Sprint car racing has died with USAC and guess what the Xtreme Series seems to be doing very well for itself.

Look at the dirt midget car counts. Again, USAC is down but POWRi seems to be doing fine.

USAC won't be happy until they just have their dirt sprint series. IDK maybe thats what they want. Funny thing is I get a feeling the weekly sprint guys are getting fed up with USAC too.

Of course they wont cancel sprint week if it was 150 out because they stand to make money....thats all USAC cares about.

2 members like this post: lilrim, VSneader2
7/7/12, 6:04 PM   #23
Tracy Hines Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg30 View Post
USAC has shown time and time again that they care about one thing and one thing only.....drum role please......MONEY!!!

Just look at the state of Silver Crown racing right now. They virtually have ruined one of the premier American racing series' for a big $$$ sponsorship from Ignite (Rumor has it $350,000 worth; again what I have heard and may no way be fact).

Pavement Sprint car racing has died with USAC and guess what the Xtreme Series seems to be doing very well for itself.

Look at the dirt midget car counts. Again, USAC is down but POWRi seems to be doing fine.

USAC won't be happy until they just have their dirt sprint series. IDK maybe thats what they want. Funny thing is I get a feeling the weekly sprint guys are getting fed up with USAC too.

Of course they wont cancel sprint week if it was 150 out because they stand to make money....thats all USAC cares about.
How does USAC make more money off of ISW then a normal show? The 15 extra entries $450

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dauminator5, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, tamati
7/7/12, 6:09 PM   #24
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Hines Racing View Post
From a driver ,crew chief it was very hot last i got dizzy twice and in the feature really hot in the car. Chuck power I canceled races cause of the heat and so did gas city. Im not saying timing was good should have been early. Before you guys comment think about our crews in this heat some older and volunteer.
Tracy, What do we do about Sprint week if the temp is above 100 next week and the Plains trip in August ? Same teams same drivers same older and volunteer help. ? Do we cancel now to save the teams the travel costs ?

Tim

3 members like this post: K-Dawg30, lilrim, mowerman
7/7/12, 6:13 PM   #25
Tracy Hines Racing

Yes cause my health and my crews (wife) means more than a race

5 members like this post: Dauminator5, Jhouts06, jjsprt92, Midget 89, oljonesy
7/7/12, 6:18 PM   #26
racefan20

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, midget96
7/7/12, 6:21 PM   #27
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Hines Racing View Post
Yes cause my health and my crews (wife) means more than a race
Don't let a sanctioning body determine the health of your team. You can make a personal choice not to run the race if you feel it is to your benefit. I have had to make that choice twice over the last 4 years and have paid dearly for it at times but at the end of the day it was in my mind the right decision for me. Expecting the sanctioning body to protect me from myself is not the road we need to go down. As a competitor a racer and a fan I have to trust that if USAC The WOO NASCAR INDYCAR or whoever has an event scheduled then the sanctioning body / Promoter is going to do everything in their power to get the races in. If I don't trust that basic concept then I will figure out another avenue to spend my money as an owner / racer or a fan.

Tim

PS you know I love your crew , you not so much
Last edited by Tim Clauson; 7/7/12 at 6:24 PM. Reason: Spelling ...

5 members like this post: Jerry Shaw, K-Dawg30, mowerman, Racer12, SC90
7/7/12, 6:29 PM   #28
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

man and all i did was say the race was canceled....

sorry for starting a war on here

Posted via Mobile Device

7/7/12, 6:37 PM   #29
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
man and all i did was say the race was canceled....

sorry for starting a war on here

Posted via Mobile Device
Chris, if you haven't noticed that's pretty much how all posts go now adays, there's always something negative..not your fault though

Posted via Mobile Device

7/7/12, 6:40 PM   #30
dustbowl

Theres really no reason for anyone to second guess it or complain. Are you serious? Its the hottest temperatures since 1936 and it is 100% completely miserable to be outside let alone work outside. Good move to cancel nobody in their right mind would enjoy it outside.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Plymouth canceled tonight