IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-UMP Summer Nationals
6/27/12, 12:41 AM   #21
Bill Gardner
Administrator

That was a triple mud plug cushion before they cut it off and ended up being a double mud plug cushion. I loved it!

For me personally, watching a sprint car driver master that cushion would be pure enjoyment!

Attn: Joe Spiker... Skip the late models next year and run a SPRINT CAR show (same purse) on that track.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/27/12, 12:56 AM   #22
31bro

What ever happened to the track we had a couple of weeks ago, smooth and slick? Last three race tracks haven't been the best. Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Hotshoe65s, Morin Racing 98
6/27/12, 12:57 AM   #23
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Skip the late models next year and run a SPRINT CAR show (same purse) on that track.

Posted via Mobile Device
Dislike! While I'm sure most people on here love sprints and would love to see a big sprint show, there are many people that like late models and want to keep them at LPS. I'm not saying a big sprint show would be bad (already have 3 or 4 USAC showS, mscs show and a few other big sprint shows). I'm just saying the schedule needs a little mix up to find new fans. Not everyone is a sprint fan. So maybe try running a few more big mod shows or super stock shows. The schedule already caters to the sprints, it needs a little variety to it. Maybe a $5000 mod show and $2000 super stock nationals or something.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: clark9c, Jhouts06
6/27/12, 1:09 AM   #24
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I know what your saying Dustin and honestly I wouldn't have a problem with either big pay Mod or Super Stock show.

I ended up moving from my usual spot tonight because I was tired of being near a whinefest.

UMP officials asked for more water on the track before hotlaps and then the drivers complained the track was to wet... Lol!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: mowerman
6/27/12, 1:27 AM   #25
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by beliles66 View Post
I wouldn't really call guys that are willing to race 29 races in 32 days all over the Midwest a bunch of wussies. Trying to race twice a week is hard enough. I can't imagine trying to do the hell tour.

Posted via Mobile Device
They are the ones the entered the hell tour cant race and adapt with diferent track conditions at different tracks then stay home like half the racers did tonight cause 2 yrs ago they had same problem..cushion is too big..track is too tacky etc...

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I know what your saying Dustin and honestly I wouldn't have a problem with either big pay Mod or Super Stock show.

I ended up moving from my usual spot tonight because I was tired of being near a whinefest.

UMP officials asked for more water on the track before hotlaps and then the drivers complained the track was to wet... Lol!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Used to be a big paying mod show called the patriot..u cant just give winner more money and from second on back pay normal purse car count has declined for that race paid a grand tonight had 32 cars patriot pays 2 grand gets maybe 40..jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

6/27/12, 8:58 AM   #26
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-UMP Summer Nationals
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31bro View Post
What ever happened to the track we had a couple of weeks ago, smooth and slick? Last three race tracks haven't been the best. Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device
Totally agree! I know last Thursday some of the issues were due to lack of cars, but....we scraped at least 50 lbs of mud off the car everytime we came off the track, and I now think a large portion of Putnam County is now located behind my garage after washing the car when we got home...this weather has everything screwed up. They have to over-water the track or everyone would be complaining about how slick and dusty the track is....tough job.

3 members like this post: 31bro, Mud Packer, racefan20
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-UMP Summer Nationals