IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba the Love Sponge
2/13/12, 10:02 AM   #21
Re: Bubba the Love Sponge
Stuckwieser

Just heard his Monday morning show. Some of the things he said about USAC and the Clauson's and the group of racers (other than DD, Hines, Bud, and Levi) were absolutely uncalled for. There should not be a sanctioning body in North America that would want to run at this guys race track.

1 member likes this post: Drtchsr
2/13/12, 11:29 AM   #22
duel

I hope usac finds a place to run in Florida next year if Bubba's rant persist. I was planning on going next year. Seems like he has done a pretty good job of promoting usac the last 3 years. Can't believe he dosen't look at it as a learning experience and move on. On a good note it was one great finish.

2/13/12, 12:54 PM   #23
thebus79h

According to Bubba the Jackass, USAC won't be back next year. He already announced Big Block Mods. Oooooohhhhh, can't wait for that.

2/13/12, 1:16 PM   #24
Stephen Cording

Having just listened to the Radio Show using the 3-Hour delay West Coast stream.

Yes, it was not great how he spoke about Bryan or USAC Racing.

But that was nothing compared to the 'shock jocks' treatment regarding the death of Whitney Houston. While in no way a fan of Whitney, I do believe you should respect the dead.

Bubba is a shock jock, that's what he does. He also has a track to promote - going head to head with the WOO Sprints next Saturday night. So he's getting his 'track' and the 'you wait til' next weekend' promo's in while he can.

I just find the target of his latest shock jock tactics a little off. Dirt Track Racing is grassroots Bubba not Hollywood.

Tracks are closing faster than they are opening. Bubba as a Dirt Race Track owner, you gotta rise above race day emotions.

What ever happened to 'What went down on track stays on track' - Bubba your part of that world now. And there are very different protocols for sorting out the race track bust ups.

4 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, Vukie
2/13/12, 1:20 PM   #25
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

I just listened to it too Stephen and he's about as biggest jerk i've ever heard .

5 members like this post: cmakin, MEAT, Pat O'Connor Fan, Stephen Cording, Vukie
2/13/12, 2:13 PM   #26
RacinFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
According to Bubba the Jackass, USAC won't be back next year. He already announced Big Block Mods. Oooooohhhhh, can't wait for that.

You have that one right!...A definite step back

2/13/12, 2:42 PM   #27
interpreter66

and i quote his favorite saying

its all about me, me me me me

i knew saturday night the bus was warming up for monday,i was there on the track and i didn't here bryan say any thing ,on the other hand a crew member of his was having a hissy fit,they never threatened not to race like he said on the radio ( a few people don't speak for everybody) but usac told them we have what we have and we will come out looking like the bad guy's so let's race.

2/13/12, 10:24 PM   #28
Will Shunk

Been in Florida February 2010, 11, & 12 but only attended the cold East Bay in 2010. USAC must build a relationship with quality tracks in Florida so fans can see non wing sprints in multiple markets over a 10-14 day period. I refused to attend anything "Bubba" since 2010. It appears I haven't missed much. See you all in April at the races!

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
2/13/12, 10:37 PM   #29
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I might offer a few thoughts here, glad to see some Sprint Car Racing in Florida, cold and snowy here in Indiana. Glad to see a few IOW members while I was there, overall had a good time, would I return there dunno.
Wednesday night practice was good with the exception of everyone going through several tires.Thursday night, well it was pretty much rubber down the whole night resulting in the pictures that were posted here,ugghh.Race teams found out that the tire people accepted cash only,that was bad news, glad everyone could stay for the rest of the week.That was the first night the comment was, this is my track I will run it my way,if you dont like it leave.
Friday night started out good but Mother Nature won as we all know. Saturday, despite what was announced that the track was prepped all day, sure made one wonder how accurate that statement was.
Finally racing was underway, fast quals and heat races and a good feature. Clauson tried as best he could, just a little short this time.
Thanks to ALL the teams that made the trip and for tolerating the circumstances and the other hurdles.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: burris7555, dirtnonwingfan
2/13/12, 11:39 PM   #30
Tim Bookmiller

Attended the 2011-2012 Usac nationals --was very disapointed Thurs --no water truck at any time -track laid rubber -even had it on my hat. Fri. a story in it`s own- Sat -track wet worked on bottom only -track prep ? all in all vey good show -very much Florida NOT Indiana-passing hard to do -sand not clay -Bubba needed to walk thru parking lot ---Ind. Ohio are where the crowd came from -Fl ?

2 members like this post: flatout18, Jerry Spencer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba the Love Sponge