IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier DT3 Tire Rule Killing Local Racers
7/20/11, 10:23 PM   #21
Re: Hoosier DT3 Tire Rule Killing Local Racer
on_the_edge

Take 5 different compounds to the track or just 1? I think the choice is simple who wants to mount and guess what tires they should bring. Most tracks are dry slick by the end of the night a dt3 will probably last, put on a d10 or rd12 or AR equivalent of those and see if they make it to the end chances are not. The dt3 is one tire you have to run on the car run whatever else or want for the other 3.

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, mikeham73
7/20/11, 10:37 PM   #22
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Take 5 different compounds to the track or just 1? I think the choice is simple who wants to mount and guess what tires they should bring. Most tracks are dry slick by the end of the night a dt3 will probably last, put on a d10 or rd12 or AR equivalent of those and see if they make it to the end chances are not. The dt3 is one tire you have to run on the car run whatever else or want for the other 3.
Well it's a good thing these choices have been made for everyone so nobody has to think for themselves and try different tire/track combinations or anything that involves some thinking and knowledge of the tracks. I think I see what's going on now.

Here's a great idea... pave all the tracks so they are exactly the same and the set-up is the same for each one. As a bonus, fans will never complain about the dirt,mud, or dust. Build a factory so that all of the cars are exactly the same. Same engines, same chassis, same tires. Paint them different colors so the fans can tell a difference. This concept worked so well for IndyCar. They had 34-35 cars at the big race this year! For their last race of the season, they might even have 33 cars left if NASCAR comes and helps them out.
Last edited by deannalynn; 7/20/11 at 10:53 PM.

7/20/11, 10:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Well it's a good thing these choices have been made for everyone so nobody has to think for themselves and try different tire/track combinations or anything that involves some thinking and knowledge of the tracks. I think I see what's going on now.

I can't believe I'm debating this with someone who has probably never bought a sprint car tire. I've got to buy a new race car, I'm spending too much time on this board!

Tom Paterson

3 members like this post: Dannypollock24, jim goerge, Mud Packer
7/20/11, 11:13 PM   #24
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1121 View Post
I can't believe I'm debating this with someone who has probably never bought a sprint car tire. I've got to buy a new race car, I'm spending too much time on this board!

Tom Paterson
I imagine your PM box will be filling up soon, then I will remember you as the guy who talked to me about tires on IOW and I hope I can make it to your new car's first race

7/21/11, 12:08 AM   #25
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Paging dyno don tells yours thoughts on tires

3 members like this post: Dannypollock24, Eric C, mowerman
7/21/11, 1:24 AM   #26
treecitytornado

Topless 77 we know about the Champ Dirt Car division,but we are talking about Non-Wing Sprint Cars!
Posted via Mobile Device

7/21/11, 1:43 AM   #27
LocalYokel

Hoosier Hundred... maybe it's because its run in the Hoosier State? Nah...
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, opnwhlmnd
7/21/11, 1:54 AM   #28
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post

Here's a great idea... pave all the tracks so they are exactly the same and the set-up is the same for each one. As a bonus, fans will never complain about the dirt,mud, or dust. Build a factory so that all of the cars are exactly the same. Same engines, same chassis, same tires. Paint them different colors so the fans can tell a difference. This concept worked so well for IndyCar. They had 34-35 cars at the big race this year! For their last race of the season, they might even have 33 cars left if NASCAR comes and helps them out.
Why comment on things you have no clue about? Yes we see you can google up shitz and copy and paste it! Then ad silly twists to it come on I hope you find a job or help soon it' getting old! How many races do you get off a DT3 in the past none no car no driver just a keyboard jockey! You want to learn as you claim but you post the dumbest things! I give up there is no helping you if you don't listen!

The DT3 Tire rule started at LPS years ago before USAC changed the rule reason why is to keep tire costs down for racers what's so bad about that helps save money for low budget guys I remember a season that Brandon Petty won at least 6 Features in a season and bought 3 new tires all year! Those Features were at Gas City and LPS FYI! It works they last longer it's not broke so why change it it only helps teams with big bucks and us little guys will suffer!
Dumbest Title for a post DT3 helps racers not killing them! Killing USAC tire options is all that's it!

Danny 24

2 members like this post: jim goerge, supdh56
7/21/11, 1:58 AM   #29
Topless77

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Topless 77 we know about the Champ Dirt Car division,but we are talking about Non-Wing Sprint Cars!
Posted via Mobile Device
Well if you could read, you would have seen my response was in reference to her comment about the Hoosier Hundred. I know the DT-3 is a sprint car tire. But thanks so much for clearing that up for me

7/21/11, 2:38 AM   #30
treecitytornado

Danny, you need to wake up and talk to people that are competitive. Yes you used to be able to get many races out of one and still run up front,but that's not the case anymore. Yes, you can keep running your USAC hand me downs if you like but personally im not happy with just being there. Some guys are.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier DT3 Tire Rule Killing Local Racers