IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hut Hundred
5/9/11, 9:38 PM   #21
Re: Hut Hundred
Sawdust101

Looks like "Pole Day" up at IMS is the place to be now.

5/9/11, 10:11 PM   #22
groove grabber

I will be there racing my midget because I love to race and adore the history of this race. I make this choice not by what powri or usac does or doesn't do. I enjoy racing with both, I only wish others can see things the same way and the race is a success
Shane Cockrum
Posted via Mobile Device

8 members like this post: buck2, coachmeece, dirtnonwingfan, jdull99, jim goerge, K-Dawg30, Static
5/9/11, 10:47 PM   #23
Clydesdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove grabber View Post
I will be there racing my midget because I love to race and adore the history of this race. I make this choice not by what powri or usac does or doesn't do. I enjoy racing with both, I only wish others can see things the same way and the race is a success
Shane Cockrum
Posted via Mobile Device
I know what you mean, but you've got to look at it from the fans point of view. This went from a 40+ car field going for 33 positions to probably closer to the 25 mark. Not even enough to make a full field. It was bad enough that they dropped the co-sanction but now modifieds are added. Why don't they run open competition non-wing sprints? Maybe 1500-2000 to win, with a bonus if you win both midgets and sprints

5/9/11, 11:37 PM   #24
peacedaddy101

Usually I can't wait for the Hut 100. But if I'm not going to be able to see 11 rows of three I would rather go up to Indy for Pole day qualifying. I mean I do love midgets but low car counts are more and more common now.

5/9/11, 11:52 PM   #25
Rpracing1

We are really going to miss you guys that don't show up to watch this race. We will be sure to tell you about on this forum though.....

4 members like this post: buck2, Drtchsr, jim goerge
5/10/11, 12:45 AM   #26
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

If I lived close to the track like you do it would be no question no matter what kind of show it was but for people who would have to drive 2 to 3 hrs one way they have to think it over like some people are saying you have Pole Day at Indy during the day then K.I.S.S at the Burg that night also you have Putnamville & Paragon lot of options for all day and night
I don't know why this race has lost one of the series from it but being this late of a back out is a shame for Tri-State Speedway and the Fans alike.
but living in the center part of the state my choice will now be Indy pole day then Putnamville if weather permits

5/10/11, 2:05 AM   #27
Jerry Shaw

Sure, POWRI's not going to be involved in this race. But, they also haven't scheduled a race against it, either. At least they haven't yet. Racers need to get paid, so I think a good number of the POWRI drivers will make their way over there. With 33 making the feature, this race offers the opportunity for most, if not all who show up to go home with a check.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5/10/11, 1:22 PM   #28
jim goerge

I don"t know maybe I am missing something here but going to pole day to watch one car at a time compared to a bunch {I hope} of cars actually racing. Maybe I"m wrong I don"t know and I do understand bout the gas prices too but think its going to be a hellof a show no matter what!. I am thinking like Jerry racers wanta race so where else will they be ?

5/10/11, 1:40 PM   #29
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

Gas prices is just an excuse he probably never intended on going in the first place.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/10/11, 2:25 PM   #30
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtchsr View Post
Gas prices is just an excuse he probably never intended on going in the first place.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh a mind reader Tell me what I am thinking Now

1 member likes this post: Russ
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hut Hundred