IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Owensburg Speedway/Greene County Speedway???
8/5/12, 9:33 PM   #21
Re: Owensburg Speedway/Greene County Speedway???
tim kelley

Rode up there last sunday. 3 hour drive. I want a track, but to much work for one person.

8/6/12, 12:46 AM   #22
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim kelley View Post
Rode up there last sunday. 3 hour drive. I want a track, but to much work for one person.
Kamp motor speedway is for sale. One of the coolest tracks in Indiana. Listed online somewhere on a local realtor site for $600,000. That would be the absolute best move for an aspiring promoter. And from pictures I saw that were taken a couple months ago, it would be fairly easy to fix up for a track that hasn't ran in a couple years.

Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Profile.aspx?LID=17559443
Last edited by Hotshoe65s; 8/6/12 at 1:01 AM.

1 member likes this post: Racer12
8/22/12, 3:37 PM   #23
heydoll

Hey guys dont give up on greene county speedway , alot of interest in it still, getting old racing pictures together and will post soon, showing the crowds and racing...

8/22/12, 3:43 PM   #24
the_77H

Has there been any work done to the track since the havoc group posted they were starting work several weeks ago?

8/22/12, 5:19 PM   #25
tim kelley

Really liked Kamp, but heard it had been stripped of anything valuable, and sold at the courthouse steps. If anyone has any updated info and a number it would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

8/22/12, 7:03 PM   #26
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim kelley View Post
Really liked Kamp, but heard it had been stripped of anything valuable, and sold at the courthouse steps. If anyone has any updated info and a number it would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
From what people who went up there told me everything is still there. And it has not been sold! My link above doesn't seem to be working, but google and search awhile and I'm sure you can track down the online listing. Price had been reduced to $600,000 in the last listing I saw.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Hotshoe65s; 8/22/12 at 8:13 PM.

8/23/12, 12:17 AM   #27
big d

hey tim ,,thought you were going to open charlestown next yr? didnt you have something to do with it?? just heard,,be nice to get it open....big d

8/23/12, 6:10 PM   #28
tim kelley

Yeah. Had 15 nites of regular racing and was planning on some open sprint, and Mod shows in the fall. The guy that holds the paper on the facility backed out about 4 weeks before season. Still would love to promote that place. If anyone knows of any track in the Southern Indiana area please let me know. Would love a fairgrounds track.

9/8/12, 1:03 PM   #29
DaleDuBois

I ran at the Green County Speedway a few times I think it was in 1995 when Ray Godsey was the promoter. I won the $1000 to win race and got the $1000. I think he paid 2nd $50. I remember the next night I went to Browntown and won the $800 to win race. 95 was also the year I won the championship at Bloomington. All of my wins were won with low buck engines that I built. My last mod race was in 03 at Terre Haute as I was not going to invest in a $20,000 engine just to have fun. I did run a few mini-sprint races since. I'm 73 now and I think I would race a mod again if we had a crate engine class within driving distance, other old racers tell me the same.

These pics that I have posted were taken yesterday 9/9/2012. The place is a cow pasture now. One pic shows the back side of turn 3-4. Not much brush but lots of grass. Need mowed, fencing, grading and seats and lots of electric work. Its all there in shape, just needs lots of money and work. However the people living near there might be against it as a track, never know till it is a track. It has a very good road from Owensburg all the way to Bloomfield, new. One thing else the I-69 is near there and will open sometime later. It could be a good track is the right people would do it.
Attached Images
005.JPG (228.1 KB, 16 views)
004.JPG (217.3 KB, 16 views)
006.JPG (220.5 KB, 15 views)
008.JPG (119.1 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by DaleDuBois; 9/10/12 at 7:18 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Owensburg Speedway/Greene County Speedway???