IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Updates
8/29/10, 8:42 PM   #21
Re: Kokomo Updates
Jerry Shaw

I think that was Windom's 8th feature win for the year.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/29/10, 9:14 PM   #22
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierfan View Post
The 2c looks to be the Epperson back up car.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Thanks Hoosierfan..

then is the driver Hunters mechanic...BK
The 2C is a 41" Gambler that belongs to Hank Byram. It was a car that Kevin Thomas used to drive for Hank. BK helps out on the 35 that Hunter drives for Hank, so Hank lets him run this car sometimes.

The 2C is kept at Epperson's shop where I work on the 2E that Hunter drives occasionally. BK put an EP decal on Hanks car as a thank you to the Eppersons.

Congrats to Windom on yet another Kokomo score!!

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
Last edited by Go Fast; 8/29/10 at 9:57 PM.

1 member likes this post: Pine
8/29/10, 10:04 PM   #23
reeserx

i know that that was windoms 3rd win at kokomo this year and locked the track championship for him...what a run for justin grant, i talked to him today and he said hes stayin wit baldwin bros next year...watch out for him to break out next year

8/30/10, 12:04 AM   #24
bc22

I've been to several hundred sprint car races on the dirt over 30+ years in this great country we like to call the US of A. I would be willing to bet my house on the hill, over looking the golf course, That todays best drivers ran into cars early in their career as well. (Some still do).. I've seen it with my own eyes.(Your eyes don't lie). There is a learning curve when your hustling an 800 H.P. openwheel race car on dirt that weighs in at 1100 lbs or so. Give the kid (JG) a break, he is a talented young racer with potential (as well as his car chief). And with a break here or there you never know, So before you go slamming the kid. Ask yourself, Did my favorite ever run into any other cars early in his/her career? ummmm... I already know what your answer will be... Stay on 4's GOD SPEED Brent C. Big Unit Motorsports (B.U.M)

8/30/10, 12:32 AM   #25
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc22 View Post
I've been to several hundred sprint car races on the dirt over 30+ years in this great country we like to call the US of A. I would be willing to bet my house on the hill, over looking the golf course, That todays best drivers ran into cars early in their career as well. (Some still do).. I've seen it with my own eyes.(Your eyes don't lie). There is a learning curve when your hustling an 800 H.P. openwheel race car on dirt that weighs in at 1100 lbs or so. Give the kid (JG) a break, he is a talented young racer with potential (as well as his car chief). And with a break here or there you never know, So before you go slamming the kid. Ask yourself, Did my favorite ever run into any other cars early in his/her career? ummmm... I already know what your answer will be... Stay on 4's GOD SPEED Brent C. Big Unit Motorsports (B.U.M)
i dont know if thats directed towards me or not but i root for the kid (jg), hes my favorite driver to watch, this is only his 2nd full year in a sprint car i do believe and i think hes doin a hella of a good job

8/30/10, 12:51 AM   #26
dustbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JON'S MOM View Post
How many cars did justin grant hit tonight??
I believe it was 103, how many people did you scream at in the stands?

DC

8/30/10, 12:56 AM   #27
hoosierfan

Justin has improved greatly and what I saw was him trying his hardest to catch Windom. The kid is real hungry for a win and he's been so close. If there would have been a late caution it would have been a great showdown between him and Chris.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/30/10, 1:16 AM   #28
reeserx

oh yeah i definitely think grant would of gave windom a run for his money

8/30/10, 1:27 AM   #29
bc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
i dont know if thats directed towards me or not but i root for the kid (jg), hes my favorite driver to watch, this is only his 2nd full year in a sprint car i do believe and i think hes doin a hella of a good job
No sir, Not towards you at all, It was from Jon's moms post

8/30/10, 4:03 PM   #30
kawkaw2

I have been following sprint cars for over 30 years now so I watched Jon, Dave, and others when they were young and I know they didn't become great overnight. I also agree that JG is a heck of a young driver and love to watch him race; your're right he is going to be something. But I also know that the great drivers, and that includes Kevin Thomas, Bob Kinser, etc, etc all know the value of patience and racing within yourself, which is something Justin needs to learn. He knows how to get around the track, that is clear, but he also needs to be around at the end and respect both the other drivers and the track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Updates