IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi blocking
7/12/10, 2:48 PM   #21
Re: Levi blocking
SPRINTCAR

[QUOTE=j_vennard54;182262]Listen guys, I'm a friend of Levi, grew up racing with him. So obviously I do have some bias here, but point of the matter is, blocking like what you are talking about isn't possible. No radios, no mirrors, you can somewhat hear the guys around you. But as a driver, what is your job on the race track? To try to win, and if you can't put it in the circle you want to be or stay as close to that spot as your can. I've been frustrated myself with guys who make their cars as wide as they can, on several occasions, but I've also been the guy making the car wide, and hard to pass. Either way you've got to find your way around the person, I wasn't there last night, and didn't see it first hand. I'm happy to see Dave win, it's well deserved on all accounts, but there isn't any reason for the Levi bashing, ego this and that.

This was no Levi bashing. To say he was blocking and good at it? Other guys do the same, just saw it happen (IMO) and it happened to be him. I have to agree to disagree with you about blocking. You can hear a guy (motor) coming up on you or see him out of the corner of your eye and you know they are back there. You also stated: but I've also been the guy making the car wide, and hard to pass.

Blocking or making it hard to pass either way is the same to me.

7/12/10, 3:15 PM   #22
Rpracing1

[QUOTE=SPRINTCAR;182804]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_vennard54 View Post
Listen guys, I'm a friend of Levi, grew up racing with him. So obviously I do have some bias here, but point of the matter is, blocking like what you are talking about isn't possible. No radios, no mirrors, you can somewhat hear the guys around you. But as a driver, what is your job on the race track? To try to win, and if you can't put it in the circle you want to be or stay as close to that spot as your can. I've been frustrated myself with guys who make their cars as wide as they can, on several occasions, but I've also been the guy making the car wide, and hard to pass. Either way you've got to find your way around the person, I wasn't there last night, and didn't see it first hand. I'm happy to see Dave win, it's well deserved on all accounts, but there isn't any reason for the Levi bashing, ego this and that.

This was no Levi bashing. To say he was blocking and good at it? Other guys do the same, just saw it happen (IMO) and it happened to be him. I have to agree to disagree with you about blocking. You can hear a guy (motor) coming up on you or see him out of the corner of your eye and you know they are back there. You also stated: but I've also been the guy making the car wide, and hard to pass.

Blocking or making it hard to pass either way is the same to me.
Been a part of Sprint car and all racing for a 100 years.

7/12/10, 3:22 PM   #23
SPRINTCAR

[QUOTE=Rpracing1;182809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post

No, just a little over half of that.
Karts, Mods, late models and then sprints, in that order.
You from Evansville too!
Last edited by SPRINTCAR; 7/12/10 at 4:14 PM. Reason: add text

7/12/10, 4:22 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

[QUOTE=Rpracing1;182809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post

Much more prevelant since full roll cages. Making the car wide or taking the groove or half of it has been part of racing forever

7/12/10, 4:53 PM   #25
Rpracing1

[QUOTE=SPRINTCAR;182810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post

No, just a little over half of that.
Karts, Mods, late models and then sprints, in that order.
You from Evansville too!
Well, you get the idea..........And yes I am.

7/12/10, 11:48 PM   #26
RGraves

Levi ran a great race last night. Congrats to him

2 members like this post: Austin75, DirtyD
7/13/10, 12:06 AM   #27
dant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
Levi ran a great race last night. Congrats to him
Yep...went from 10th to win ....ONE HELLAVA job of blocking there

7/13/10, 3:32 PM   #28
Tall Jackson

It is the leaders job to win the race, and the drivers following him job to get around him CLEAN.....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi blocking