IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown
6/29/10, 6:31 PM   #21
Re: 4-crown
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Someone posted the WOO has a date at Lernerville on Sat. Hum, make some USAC teams stay a extra day and expenses, yet WoO is on the road..........

Make a combined Wing, NW overall champion, Put up ten grand for it and you'll have NWers strapping it on and Wingers taking it off.

Chuck, throwing something out there.

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
6/29/10, 7:22 PM   #22
wolfpack58

I see it as 1 more step closer to paving the damn place.Thankfully I had 20 good years of Earl's eldora.I'll never go back, as long as there is is racing in Indiana!The big E has become the big !!:99::

6/29/10, 8:50 PM   #23
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Your kiddin me right? Lets see which race is better attended the Kings Royal vs the 4 crown. I will have my money on the royal. Have you been to WOO show at Haubstaudt lately? I had to park by the pond at the backstretch parking lot and reserve seats were sold out. So they do not need help with attendance. Thanks anyway!
Yeah, I'm being sarcastic.
But comparing the 4-crown to the King's Royal is ridiculous. I'll bet the King's Royal pays more than all 4 classes get at the 4-crown.

Sadly, I've never made it to Haubstadt, but I have seen the WoO at Cedar Lake, WI, Brainerd & Jackson, MN, Eldora & at Fargo, ND. Other than Brainerd's small grandstand, none of those shows was "standing room only". And none was cursed by such pathetic track prep as both nights of last year's 4-crown.
Having seen WoO, IRA, IMCA, WISSOTA, MSS, UMSS, NRA, Ideal Sprint Invaders, NST, MSA, NOSA & All-Star winged sprints, I would pick the WoO as my LEAST favorite. All the rest seem to have closer racing for a much cheaper ticket.
Of course, none of this matters one wit. It's just my opinion and I will be there both nights. Just wish it wasn't such a long drive from Minnesota!

steiny

6/29/10, 9:23 PM   #24
Wingman

[QUOTE=sprntr;179918]Yeah, I'm being sarcastic.
But comparing the 4-crown to the King's Royal is ridiculous. I'll bet the King's Royal pays more than all 4 classes get at the 4-crown.

Sadly, I've never made it to Haubstadt, but I have seen the WoO at Cedar Lake, WI, Brainerd & Jackson, MN, Eldora & at Fargo, ND. Other than Brainerd's small grandstand, none of those shows was "standing room only". And none was cursed by such pathetic track prep as both nights of last year's 4-crown.
Having seen WoO, IRA, IMCA, WISSOTA, MSS, UMSS, NRA, Ideal Sprint Invaders, NST, MSA, NOSA & All-Star winged sprints, I would pick the WoO as my LEAST favorite. All the rest seem to have closer racing for a much cheaper ticket.
Of course, none of this matters one wit. It's just my opinion and I will be there both nights. Just wish it wasn't such a long drive from Minnesota!

Ridiculous maybe a little strong. Kings Royal the main grandstand is close to capacity every year. The crowd is huge. I cant say that I have ever seen a non-wing show ever sold out or close to capacity.

I went to the 4 crown several years ago had a good time. I am not a fan of the silver crown cars at eldora. I probably run faster than they do but enjoyed sprints and midgets. It seems like they struggle with deciding the 4th crown every year one year late models the next year big block modifieds etc.

6/29/10, 9:30 PM   #25
Duane Hancock

I think its an excellent idea!! No 3 o clock hot laps and time trails on Saturday. I have said for 2 years, they need to have the Silvercrown qualifing on Friday with the WOO. I would rather see the Silvercrown Qualifing and Non Qualifiers race Friday and keep the midget and sprint part all Saturday with the Silvercorwn main on Saturday but hey I like the idea....

6/29/10, 9:52 PM   #26
racephoto1

The old days were great, and if you weren't there , be jealous because you really did miss something. I also enjoy qualifying at Eldora. To watch a fast guy hang his butt 3 inches from the wall is a sight to behold.

As for wingers, it ain't for me, any track bigger than a quarter and its a parade, not a race. Watch the non wing guys, they race.

6/29/10, 10:14 PM   #27
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

[QUOTE=Wingman;179932

I went to the 4 crown several years ago had a good time. I am not a fan of the silver crown cars at eldora. I probably run faster than they do but enjoyed sprints and midgets. It seems like they struggle with deciding the 4th crown every year one year late models the next year big block modifieds etc.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the big block modified shows were all separate from the 4 crown? When did they race them as the fourth crown?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/29/10, 10:45 PM   #28
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I thought that the big block modified shows were all separate from the 4 crown? When did they race them as the fourth crown?
I think the last time the Big Block mods ran at Eldora was August 5, 2006: http://www.apexonephoto.com/DIRT-Big-Block-Modifieds-1

They also ran September 27, 2003. The week after the Mopar Million. The year there wasn't a Four Crown Nationals, also the last year Earl owned the track!

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
6/29/10, 10:48 PM   #29
1BIGracefan

Ok so its perfectly obvious that some of you wont be at Eldora to see a new track record on friday your lose. I find it quite "funny" that there are so many "sprint" car "fans" here unless the have the tops on them? What did you all do when Indiana only ran WINGED sprint cars? Sit at home and belly ache about what the old days were like then also? My only point is this go to the race track or dont. I just dont see what kind of positive can be made by downgrading any tracks choices?

Now that the Quals will be done the night before my guess would be that the racing on saturday night at Eldora will be WAY better now!

Have a nice day everybody!

Kyle

6/29/10, 11:26 PM   #30
duel

I've been to over 100 wing shows, mostly woo. fast yes, but a whole lot of fluff. so what if someone sets a wing record and doesn't lift. yeah it takes big ones to hang on but they don' usually race close. 2 day usac sprint show with big cars and midgets on saturday. A usac 4 crown weekend. my opinion.
Randy Stull

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown