IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Google Earth THAT
11/1/07, 1:49 PM   #21
Re: Google Earth THAT
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

The image of THAT has to be from 2004 or later because when I scan up to the 1/4 midget track the new concession is built and the trees have been cleared from the Coke plant lot to the north.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

11/1/07, 2:32 PM   #22
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolzy View Post
What's the little oval to the left?
The small oval just below the track (with the straigtaways running parallel with the big track) is the go kart track. They race on Friday nights all summer. Once a month they run on Saturday night. It's neat for the fans because you can watch their races from the top of the main grandstands during any down time. It's a pain for the competitors though, as you neeed to use an alternate entrance to the pits off of the backstretch.

The even smaller oval (with the straigtaways running perpendicular to the big track) is in the middle of the pit parking lot. I'm not sure what it was used for but you can still see what's left of it today.

11/1/07, 5:17 PM   #23
Sprint Fan

The picture of our house was taken on a Saturday probably in 2005, because the wife and mother-in-law are having a yard sale and the in-laws moved to Florida the winter of 05 and haven't been back since!

I'm lovin' it!

11/1/07, 8:35 PM   #24
throb

i can tell you that i am the car being pushed off in turn 4. i can tell you that the large hauler at the far north of the image and all the way to the right is the old truckers hauler and my truck and trailer is to the left.....it was the first weekend of april in 2004....that is the only time that i have ran a practice there....

11/1/07, 10:12 PM   #25
Brolzy

Cool, thanks for the info....

11/1/07, 11:37 PM   #26
Checker'd Past

And Dyno Don calls us "RUBES". The Rueben brothers never FORGETS.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Google Earth THAT