IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
12/1/22, 10:54 AM   #21
cowboyhar69

No press release from USAC on their website, their Facebook page or on IOW that they are sanctioning the 2 shows at Volusia. Is Volusia using the USAC name to describe the type of sprint cars running Monday and Tuesday at Volusia? Would think USAC would have already sent out a press release if they were sanctioning it.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/1/22, 3:27 PM   #22
Therealether

I doubt WRG and their army of lawyers would step on USACs trademark if they weren't sanctioning it. USAC PR has been awfully quiet this off-season though, in regards to next season
Last edited by Therealether; 12/1/22 at 3:30 PM.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, tirespinner
12/1/22, 8:26 PM   #23
Re: USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
yeleyfan76

If memory serves there was a midget race at IRP this season that was a USAC event. Then after much discussion on this board after the hero that won wasn’t really legal we heard it was but wasn’t a Usac event. There were one or two guys in Usac shirts there and an announcer but it wasn’t really officially maybe a Usac event. The facts were cloudy at the time and depending who you believed at the time it was hard to know what really was the truth. The events at Volusia might or might not be a Usac event depending on whether it’s a PR deal for them or not. We will have to wait til after next wknd’s schedule release and see if Volusia appears and maybe it comes up as SE (special event). Time will tell but you better get all of the facts before complaining about it.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
12/1/22, 8:43 PM   #24
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
If memory serves there was a midget race at IRP this season that was a USAC event. Then after much discussion on this board after the hero that won wasn’t really legal we heard it was but wasn’t a Usac event. There were one or two guys in Usac shirts there and an announcer but it wasn’t really officially maybe a Usac event. The facts were cloudy at the time and depending who you believed at the time it was hard to know what really was the truth. The events at Volusia might or might not be a Usac event depending on whether it’s a PR deal for them or not. We will have to wait til after next wknd’s schedule release and see if Volusia appears and maybe it comes up as SE (special event). Time will tell but you better get all of the facts before complaining about it.
Complaining in my post? Simply making an observation

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner
12/1/22, 9:17 PM   #25
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
I was at IRP. IRP used their own officials. USAC was the sanctioning body, and did the press work, including FLO and the Announcer. Once again you go with the conspiracy theories. You do have a vivid imagination. Do you ever tire of being negative? I anticipate another good USAC schedule next week. I can't wait to see you attempt put your spin on things. Always good for a laugh.

12/1/22, 9:49 PM   #26
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Complaining in my post? Simply making an observation

That was a general statement not specific to you at all. I was testing Funk to see if he has anything better to do then follow what I post and interject his synopsis and debate. Unfortunately you took offense thinking I was singling you out. My apologies. It seems odd that Usac was linked to the Volusia dates and they haven’t had a press release like you stated. I used the IRP example of people not being clear on what is and what is not a Usac event to try and prove a point. There was a lot of confusion this summer about that stays. Any further questions on this matter should probably be directed to Funk. He appears to know more than any of us on here. Once again my apologies if you took offense personally as that was not my intention.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
12/1/22, 10:11 PM   #27
flagboy55

I would like to know what the race teams think about going to Florida to begin with. It seems to me that the expense of the trip would be better spent on getting more teams to go to Eastern Storm. I don’t see the need for it myself. And how can anyone celebrate racing at Volusia? A great big half mile, you know a “ motor eater” worse than Terre Haute.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, Gene Franckowiak, oppweld
12/2/22, 7:38 AM   #28
Therealether

I love Volusia, and not just because it's now my "home" track. I used to love it as a paved track when Namars raced there and the All Stars raced on the old 3/8 dirt that's now the kart track. It's big, fast, and exciting. The racings good. Track prep is good. Maybe a "motor eater", but unlike Terre Haute they race weekly at Volusia (hell,they had a 360 sprint race last night), so it can't be too rough on equipment. Plus it'll get your sponsors in front of a lot of eyeballs, and maybe we can convert some of those late model fans

2 members like this post: interpreter66, tirespinner
12/2/22, 7:47 AM   #29
DJlives

The USAC schedules as has been true for years are released at PRI.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
12/2/22, 8:40 AM   #30
DJlives

And for the 50th time on IRP. USAC sanctions the USF2000, Indy Pro Series, SRO, and Porsche Sprint Challenge. Kirk Spridgeon isn't in race contorl, Sammy isn't on the side by side, Dave Thompson isn't standing by a NOS start can and Richie isn't staying up until 4 am hammering out Mosport results. It is for issues like credentials, licensing and insurance. That is exactly what the situation was at IRP. I don't know how many times it is required to go over this.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Joekocjan, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, TBONE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb