IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
4/18/22, 10:06 AM   #21
Re: Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
kb78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Think he was leading at the first rain delay or second stage caution and they asked if he wanted to rain harder so they'd call it. "If we win, we win, if we don't we don't. It's Easter and there are more important things in life"
This quote sounds good until you take out yourself and cost a guy his first Cup win because winning was more important.

By the by, I hear Kyle Busch whine and complain after most races how someone got lucky and fell into a win they didn't deserve but I didn't hear much out of him last night. Funny how perspective changes opinions.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, progressive22, racenut69
4/18/22, 11:08 AM   #22
jdull99

Tyler reminded me of Mark Martin in his post race reaction (I like and have respect for all of them). I do not think it was his last chance to win, as he has been up there in the pavement races too. Lets hope (for the former midget / dirt racer).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: racenut69
4/18/22, 11:19 AM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
This quote sounds good until you take out yourself and cost a guy his first Cup win because winning was more important.

B.
Reddick said he'd of done the same thing and so would most of the field if they had a car as strong as Chase had. Earnhardt built a franchise on being the bad guy.

As for Rowdy Busch, Tons of guys like him that are heros that consider second to be the first looser He's there to win every night. Considers the more he races the sharper he stays and Nascar limits races so he can't stay sharp.

Hate him or Love to hate him. Rowdy is a racer's racer.

2 members like this post: 3R, TQ29m
4/18/22, 1:20 PM   #24
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Reddick said he'd of done the same thing and so would most of the field if they had a car as strong as Chase had. Earnhardt built a franchise on being the bad guy.

As for Rowdy Busch, Tons of guys like him that are heros that consider second to be the first looser He's there to win every night. Considers the more he races the sharper he stays and Nascar limits races so he can't stay sharp.

Hate him or Love to hate him. Rowdy is a racer's racer.
Earnhardt was a lot smarter than Rowdy, he coveted the intimidator image on track, but did not go out of his way to act like Barry Bonds with media and fans off track. Earnhardt had the ability to make people madder than he!! but come up later and put his arm around them of give them a hug and diffuse (for the most part) the situation.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
4/18/22, 2:17 PM   #25
kb78

I wasn't making Chase out to be the bad guy here, I'm still gonna be rooting for him. I just wanted to point out what I believe is the hypocrisy in his quote, it's if we win we win and if not no big deal and then an hour later its worth taking two guys out. I just don't care for people talking out of both sides of their mouths and alot of folks do it not just him. Shoot I like T-Mez but in the heat race he all " slide or die, slide or die, I gotta go" and in the feature he all " These young guys have to learn some respect".

It just makes me laugh is all I'm saying.

4/18/22, 4:27 PM   #26
sw1911

Quote:
I wasn't making Chase out to be the bad guy here, I'm still gonna be rooting for him. I just wanted to point out what I believe is the hypocrisy in his quote, it's if we win we win and if not no big deal and then an hour later its worth taking two guys out. I just don't care for people talking out of both sides of their mouths and alot of folks do it not just him. Shoot I like T-Mez but in the heat race he all " slide or die, slide or die, I gotta go" and in the feature he all " These young guys have to learn some respect".

Situational ethics
They all want to cultivate an image of a clean racer but on the last lap many of them lose their ethics. Case in point is #22. "It was just one of those racing deals, I was just going for the win. "

1 member likes this post: racenut69
4/18/22, 4:31 PM   #27
bigvee

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 40

He is lucky it was Tyler Reddick and not Jack Hewit

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, ISF, jdull99, luckybuc97, racenut69, sc17x
4/18/22, 5:17 PM   #28
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 12
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:

Can't speak for Chase, but he's a very religious man and I respect him for his devotion. He's mentioned many times how blessed he is to be driving at the top level and in his idol's car and team. He wants to win, but what I took from that interview was that if they call the race and he wins fine. With all the other crap going on in this country and overseas, it was Easter. What the day stood for was bigger then the race.

4/18/22, 5:34 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Can't speak for Chase, but he's a very religious man and I respect him for his devotion. He's mentioned many times how blessed he is to be driving at the top level and in his idol's car and team. He wants to win, but what I took from that interview was that if they call the race and he wins fine. With all the other crap going on in this country and overseas, it was Easter. What the day stood for was bigger then the race.

Thats what I took from it as well at the time (Rain delay)

Chase has posted here as well. He was also willing to take whatever Reddick's response was it. Reddick was willing to accept the apology. Sure he'll remember it for future chances, but willing to accept the "I messed up"

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, racenut69, Rcar, TQ29m
4/18/22, 7:33 PM   #30
reeserx

Anyone else see during the broadcast on fox, that he’s a world of outlaws team owner lol. Had to do some digging but walkapedia helped solve it. He is not

2 members like this post: bighd0522, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.