IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 500
6/1/21, 2:37 PM   #21
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickyard View Post
Truth sucks, not sorry one bit you can't handle it.
Apparently you cannot read for detail I actually stated you had a legitimate point, but it is the unnecessarily rude style of your posts. No one asked you to be sorry. Maybe a little introspection is in order.

2 members like this post: ISF, jim goerge
6/1/21, 3:25 PM   #22
Re: 500
BrentTFunk

Roger Penske said he was trying to get Richmond, Iowa, and Michigan back on the schedule. You have to keep in mind, these tracks are controled by NASCAR. They are probably not real interested in putting a superior product to theirs on the track. One other thing, I think Indycar drivers are some of the most fan friendly, accessible drivers out there.

6/1/21, 3:44 PM   #23
i love dirt track racing

Our racing family had a great day at the indy 500. great racing and the environment and the ceremonies are simply the best. Hell when the checker flag was flying we was heading to Kokomo for some more racing. Stopped at half moon to grab a bite to eat and it turned out to be another great racing road trip. God bless America. Thanks.

6/1/21, 4:45 PM   #24
Pitdad

Not sure what we're looking for here people.

We witnessed a race that had 2 caution flags. There were literally NO on track incidents (everything was in the pits or coming out of the pits.) There were ZERO engine failures. Of the 33 cars starting, 30 were running at the end, and 22 WERE ON THE LEAD LAP! No one running was less than 3 laps off the lead, so it wasn't a bunch of broken cars circling off pace trying to gain a meaningless position for points. Nobody was treated in the infield hospital, much less transported to Methodist Hospital. Hell, Marco finished! Rossi showed maturity and didn't overdrive the car and crash after his situation. THREE of the drivers have actually raced a dirt midget! (Ed Carpenter, Conor Daly, and Sonny Ferrucci). Nobody had to bump to pass. Nobody "took the air off someone" to loosen them up to pass. Nobody started the race and then parked after the first few laps so they could collect their start money. You got to see history made with another 4 time winner. Even when they showed the aerial view on the TV coverage, you got to see that the "temporary" dirt track is still intact in turn 3.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? Because if you think their going to rip up the asphalt and put in dirt, they're not. If you'd rather go back to the "good ol' days" of 12 cars finishing because everyone's homebuilt engine blew up, they're not. If you'd rather see spectacular crashes that risk and end lives, then you're not a racing fan. Stop looking for reasons to be upset and enjoy what was a very good race.

6/1/21, 4:58 PM   #25
jdull99

Lets hope Daly & Ferrucci do get back into some midget racing...I don't think Ed will, but maybe someday a Silver Crown race again?

I agree with everything on your post. BUT, I think the majority on this thread also did too? I know the ones not happy stand out, but let's hope it was a good day for Indycar racing that will build it up to keep it going. People gota tune in and buy tickets...and I suppose commentating on social media IS important (thats one way they know people care...more off other sites I don't go on tho for all that...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, Pitdad
6/1/21, 6:13 PM   #26
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Roger Penske said he was trying to get Richmond, Iowa, and Michigan back on the schedule. You have to keep in mind, these tracks are controled by NASCAR. They are probably not real interested in putting a superior product to theirs on the track. One other thing, I think Indycar drivers are some of the most fan friendly, accessible drivers out there.
I think you are under estimating NASCAR. While racing is important to them, they are more interested in making money. NASCAR, IndyCar, Horse Chariots, what ever puts buts in seats will be at their tracks.

With that said, they probably have zero interest in taking a loss to help a rival series at their track.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
6/1/21, 8:26 PM   #27
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
Not sure what we're looking for here people.

We witnessed a race that had 2 caution flags. There were literally NO on track incidents (everything was in the pits or coming out of the pits.) There were ZERO engine failures. Of the 33 cars starting, 30 were running at the end, and 22 WERE ON THE LEAD LAP! No one running was less than 3 laps off the lead, so it wasn't a bunch of broken cars circling off pace trying to gain a meaningless position for points. Nobody was treated in the infield hospital, much less transported to Methodist Hospital. Hell, Marco finished! Rossi showed maturity and didn't overdrive the car and crash after his situation. THREE of the drivers have actually raced a dirt midget! (Ed Carpenter, Conor Daly, and Sonny Ferrucci). Nobody had to bump to pass. Nobody "took the air off someone" to loosen them up to pass. Nobody started the race and then parked after the first few laps so they could collect their start money. You got to see history made with another 4 time winner. Even when they showed the aerial view on the TV coverage, you got to see that the "temporary" dirt track is still intact in turn 3.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? Because if you think their going to rip up the asphalt and put in dirt, they're not. If you'd rather go back to the "good ol' days" of 12 cars finishing because everyone's homebuilt engine blew up, they're not. If you'd rather see spectacular crashes that risk and end lives, then you're not a racing fan. Stop looking for reasons to be upset and enjoy what was a very good race.
And there were no lucky dogs, no wave arounds, no stage racing, no "phantom" cautions....

...and thank GOD, no Waltrips or Wallaces.

6/1/21, 8:33 PM   #28
Pitdad

Right! I had to explain to my wife about “The Lucky Dog”. Her response was, “That’s stupid.”

I couldn’t agree more.

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge
6/1/21, 9:23 PM   #29
Rapid Rick

My spot over in the turn 2 infield grass looked sadly lonesome this year. I hope Roger doesn't decide the grass looks better than us infielders.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, monkeyboy
6/1/21, 9:35 PM   #30
ISF

Ever since they went to a rear wing that has no end plates of any size it's been dam near impossible to distinguish a number on the cars when watching in person. Unless you know exactly what the markings of the cars are it's very hard to figure out who's who. I really believe that situation is somewhat detrimental to the whole spectator experience when they are racing on a high speed oval. I've never attended a race contested on a course comprised of urban thoroughfares but I imagine seeing the numbers is not nearly as much of a chore since the speeds are akin to everyday pizza delivery cars driven by aggressive young entrepreneurs which makes the numbers more easily distinguished.

Maybe there is a paragraph or two in the White Papers dedicated to this malady. If so I wish they'd enact the remedy.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, Jonr
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 500