IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Personal thoughts on Kokomo July 24th 2018
7/25/18, 6:37 PM   #21
Re: Personal thoughts on Kokomo July 24th 2018
jonboat15

Don't feed the troll/

6 members like this post: fish, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Spi-nex, sprinter14
7/25/18, 7:25 PM   #22
MOORESVILLETRUCKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldOfOutlawsFan View Post
I haven't been there in 5+ years and from what i've been told this is not how a normal Kokomo show is ran. I'll be back in October
Make the trip to Haubstadt,(I know they redo the track 2 times during the program and that’s “wasting too much time” for some people)but you won’t leave disappointed. JMO

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, flagboy55, jim goerge, RACrappieman, rclaridge, Rpracing1
7/25/18, 8:31 PM   #23
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Man do i LOVE the new back stretch seats ! ! ! ! ! Thank you for every person involved in setting them up, damn it's a good view of one of the best tracks in the nation. Oh, yeah there was a ton of rain that caused the track to be heavy. Call God, he can explain precipitation.

7/25/18, 9:53 PM   #24
oldfan49

Quote:
First time i've been there in a while. Track was pretty bad throughout the heats. One line around the bottom got pretty boring for me. They reworked the track before the B main for about 40 minutes. Didn't like the long delay but it made the racing slightly better. One negative is how late they got out on a week day. Didn't get home until about 2am. Overall I give kokomo a 4/10. Friends told me how good it was and that i need to make a trip back down there but I was not impressed. I guess i will stick to watching winged sprint cars
interesting how people see things differently.
We used to be ones that found a track to go to every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday every week. We have decided to go for quality over quantity these days.
We live in winged country here on the edge of Kansas and Missouri. We don't go to the winged races around this part of the country because I just can't get into sitting in a dust storm and you know you are going to watch cars slow roll the bottom or fly around a rubbered down top both single file although there is often a much slower 2nd groove.
We do however make many trips to Indiana simply because the racing is worth the drive. We see more actual racing for position in most heats out there than we see all night around here.

Glad you enjoy what you do as I do the same, But as has been said if you ever decide to go to Smackdown you will be glad you do.

7/25/18, 11:46 PM   #25
Longtime sprinter

This is like "why do you drive a Ford when I drive a Chevy? Everybody has their favorites, their own opinion. I personally have no interest in winged warriors anymore, too boring. But I do wonder why there is not more high dollar races for the wingless racers.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/26/18, 12:23 AM   #26
tdt636

Quote:
Different opinions. Last few non wing races i've been too haven't been to impressive i much prefer winged sprints vs non wing. Just a question, why do you think it is that non wing sprintcars/usac dont have any big paying races? If the racings better there should be high paying races. Winged racing for example has Knoxville nationals 150k. Mansfield 100k Kings Royal 50k Williamsgrove 50k Port Royal 50k etc. etc. no hate towards non wing im just genuinally curious
My opinion is World if Outlaws are like NASCAR...smart people in the office who promote, market, and advertise their racing. They go after big sponsors and big money but the racing is boring.

USAC is like Indycar... not so bright overpaid people in the office who do very little to promote, market, or advertise their racing. They can't get big sponsors or big money but the racing is great.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, oldfan49, Speedwrench
7/26/18, 12:45 AM   #27
revjimk

Quote:
First time i've been there in a while. Track was pretty bad throughout the heats. One line around the bottom got pretty boring for me. They reworked the track before the B main for about 40 minutes. Didn't like the long delay but it made the racing slightly better. One negative is how late they got out on a week day. Didn't get home until about 2am. Overall I give kokomo a 4/10. Friends told me how good it was and that i need to make a trip back down there but I was not impressed. I guess i will stick to watching winged sprint cars
How many "traditional" races have you been to? Don't judge them all by one event...
Where I live there is virtually NO sprint car racing (Colorado). Where I spend the summers (East Coast), I have to drive 5 hrs. for good winged racing, only get to see wingless on my East/ West trek, USAC Eastern Storm & Midget tour (once each summer) OR make 2 day drive to Indiana, which is worth it....
I like both, but wingless is better (usually!)
By the way, weather report for Eastern USAC midget tour looks pretty bad... I"M PISSED!
Been raining all week here, predicted to do the same next week

2 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge
7/26/18, 1:08 AM   #28
jim goerge

I thought the racing at Kokomo was actually pretty good and that's coming from someone who has been going to Haubstadt his whole life I had 2 older fellows behind me ******** about no passing all night right before the B I turned and asked *** races were they at as I saw a lot of passing and just good hard racing the whole night. I tip my hat to you Kokomo Speedway for a good time and good races Jim ps that's not the fireball talking either lol
Last edited by jim goerge; 7/26/18 at 1:14 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Personal thoughts on Kokomo July 24th 2018