IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Gregg (Offline)
  #21 4/24/14 10:15 AM
On the fan front I have a long time friend that I've known him and his wife for about 40 years or more. Both me and his sister-in-law has been working on them to come out to Lawrenceburg.

Unbeknownst to me the sister-in-law met with success. She took them to the 'burg on the 12th. To this day I figure they would still have trouble telling a midget, sprint car and Silver crown car apart but they stayed until the last checker fell and gave the evening a two thumbs up. Hopefully they will be back a time or two more and I think they will, especially if the supply of Budweiser continues to be plentiful.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Dave Rudisell, davidm, dirt330, FishBurger, jim goerge, Mud Packer, Phylo82, Sandy Lowe
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #22 4/24/14 3:53 PM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
maybe its time to cut back on the huge trailers and semi tractors and put the $$$ into the race car instead of the hauler, then eh?
Those aren't the teams not making it to the races Johnny, However some of them reserve themselves to a sanction or minimum purse to bring the car out and thats actually a good thing for the low budget guys at regular shows..

Charles Nungester
racefan20 (Offline)
  #23 4/24/14 4:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gregg:
On the fan front I have a long time friend that I've known him and his wife for about 40 years or more. Both me and his sister-in-law has been working on them to come out to Lawrenceburg.

Unbeknownst to me the sister-in-law met with success. She took them to the 'burg on the 12th. To this day I figure they would still have trouble telling a midget, sprint car and Silver crown car apart but they stayed until the last checker fell and gave the evening a two thumbs up. Hopefully they will be back a time or two more and I think they will, especially if the supply of Budweiser continues to be plentiful.
Gregg I dont think the Budweiser is gonna run out......at least until Bob makes it out here

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: bigq11, Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Gregg, Mud Packer, rachasin
wideopen24 (Offline)
  #24 4/24/14 8:00 PM
[QUOTE=jts machine shop;372133]pissin and moaning??? the track has been PERFECT the last 2 races why would anybody ask for anything different?[/QUOTE

The race track has been FAR from perfect...but I don't expect perfect. The USAC Show was wet & heavy.. I was able to pass a lot of cars in the B Main. The regular season opener was dry slick and rubber down to the tune of a $600 tire bill... I still passed a lot of cars. Last week was dry with 15 cars... We put on a good show. The point is... The Burg makes for some great racing no matter what the conditions but I will be the first to tell you if things don't change my schedule will. I can not and will not burn off tires every night and I know Mr. rudisell understands that. I will be back at The Burg Saturday hopefully with 20+ guys to race on the well prepared surface we all like!
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Danny Burton, FishBurger, johnnythunderhead, mtek56, Phylo82, robert gatten
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #25 4/24/14 9:40 PM
I wouldn't think that would be a problem, with no rain in the forcast there's no reason it couldn't be heavily watered
hupp#9 (Offline)
  #26 4/24/14 10:25 PM
I didn't even hurt a tore last week put on all new rubber and both lr and rr still have plenty left for another feature nipples are barely gone the opener yes I killed every tire on my car...
I'd rather bye tires than a motor and when it's heavy it cuts motors life by 50 percent easy and is hard on equipment and less passing plus kills the low budget teams with little motors
3 Likes: FishBurger, mtek56
dustbowl (Offline)
  #27 4/24/14 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by hupp#9:
I didn't even hurt a tore last week put on all new rubber and both lr and rr still have plenty left for another feature nipples are barely gone the opener yes I killed every tire on my car...
I'd rather bye tires than a motor and when it's heavy it cuts motors life by 50 percent easy and is hard on equipment and less passing plus kills the low budget teams with little motors
A lot more passing at the USAC show than the local show opener. Its always easier to pass and race at Lawrenceburg when it has moisture rather than when its dead slick. RPMS and horsepower are RPMS and horsepower, if something is going to fail track conditions are mostly irrelevant. Landon's week 1 $600 tire estimate is conservative, and after 10 nights that is $6000, probably more than an engine rebuild.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #28 4/24/14 11:50 PM
I've always like the happy medium. Slick down the straights, Tacky in the corners where a ballsy driver could get a run an still have to feather the straight as to not over RPM. It seems to allow the low budget to race with the larger financed teams while setup and driver have a ton to do with the outcome.

From a fans perspective anyway. Used to think the super tacky was just everyone running qualifying laps with little passing, You've proved me wrong several times. Expecially that one after a rain after the heats that when KT Jr. was leading, I said to MTEK, Nobodys going to touch him now. Leary came from fourth in seven laps, passed him and drove away. I was in awe.

See you saturday. Hope everyone has a good safe an competitive time.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: johnnythunderhead, Phylo82
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #29 4/25/14 2:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell:
We always hope for more cars, but the ones we have had have been putting on a great show....the good part about lower car counts everyone makes the show and gets paid $225 or more. See ya Saturday!
I MUST chime in and applaud Dave! He had 15 sprints last week and cudda cut the purse. He did NOT! I know for a fact, my brother ran (Adam Miller) and he was paid the full amount. Not many tracks that'll do that. And Adam also told me it's $150 to start the feature at Putnamville. Hhhmmm...anyways. Dave, keep up the great work!!
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #30 4/25/14 7:13 AM
I'll take a tacky/heavy track over super slick any day! It is way easier on the tire bill, hands down! We have great parts in the motor and a great motor builder in Mark Cummins, so I'll take my chances on a heavy track and go at it!
3 Likes: johnnythunderhead, rdzsprint, SHORTBUS