IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #21 5/8/13 1:20 PM
I will DVR it and watch it Sunday as I will be watching USAC/MSCS Sprints cars Live Saturday evening.
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #22 5/8/13 5:03 PM
Maybe they will start having Concerts like Limaland used to. I'd pay a hundred bucks to watch Brian Johnson piggyback Angus Young around the track while singing/playing guitar, NOT.
backitin
  #23 5/8/13 6:00 PM
This isnt your typical offroad truck racing, there seems to be more racing than just banging into each other such as at the typical offroad race. Its pretty cool racing. I'd go fifty bucks to see Angus play live again. 100 bucks to see Knopfler, or Stevie Ray Vaughn, well that would be priceless of course.
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #24 5/8/13 6:44 PM
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic:
Yea for the Monster trucks & tractor pulls. It's Bulls&%t, Thats not what the place was built for. just pave the place then I will be done with it.
With "fans" like you who needs people that oppose local short track racing?

As Mr. Nunn mentioned there is absolutely nothing wrong with a track being multi faceted. In fact for a large portion of the group it's the only way they can survive and if a off road truck race, a mud bog, a enduro or a laundry list of other possible events that appeal to multiple demographics then so be it.
4 Likes: JordanBlanton, r_harper, TQ29m, Xflagman
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #25 5/8/13 8:44 PM
Funny, Eldora didn't need to be multi faceted before. There was nobody propped Eldora up more. I took plenty of 1st timers there. Like I said that is not what the place was built for. I will be at a local short track this weekend wether it be Limaland, Waynesfield or both.
The only reason I went this past weekend was to Honor my dad. Who took me to Eldora before I could walk or talk, It's not the same.
open_wheel_outlaw (Offline)
  #26 5/8/13 9:57 PM
I'll be watching sprints at Haubstadt saturday night, weather permitting, but the trucks are definately worth a DVR watch on Sunday. Funny thing is saw the Red Bull trucks of Menzies Motorsports passing through town today just west of Terre Haute. Maybe THAT is next track they can set up an off road course inside! LOL
hoosierhillbilly (Offline)
  #27 5/8/13 10:19 PM
At the end of the day, a race track is in the entertainment business. They have to put on events to attract guests to spend money. The Indy motor speedway did this with the brickyard, the f1 race, the bike race an so forth. Churchill downs, home of the Kentucky derby, has hosted concerts like the rolling stones. Eldora is hosting a different type of racing to attract business. Who knows if it sticks.

Posted via Mobile Device

Number three; You have the right to free speech; As long as You're not dumb enough to actually try it —The Clash
SCOTT M (Offline)
  #28 5/9/13 2:31 PM
Never been to Eldora but, I would love to go one day, and figure, one day I will.. I don't know much but, I know a business has to make a profit, or it ceases to exist. Whatever helps them sustain, and increases the chance my boy, and grandsons, will get to go there one day....I Support!
TQ29m (Offline)
  #29 5/9/13 3:38 PM
With the abundance of exposure Off Road Truck races get, and the lack of exposure any other dirt track racing gets, I'm bettin the off roaders will pack the house, maybe not the first time, but thereafter, and I am in no way knocking Sprint cars, Midgets and Silver crown, or any other oval track dirt venue, it's just the exposure that brings people to the racing facility, and that hopefully will bring with it more revenue to the open wheel racers.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
767 (Offline)
  #30 5/9/13 4:36 PM
Hay loyal drivers and fans, here is a weekend off for you. Go attend a race somewhere else or set at home and save a little money. O and by the way, the track needs a little bit added back to it, so when we drag all that extra dirt in, we will not drag it all back out. There are several pro's to this event. Why is it so hard for people to think outside of the box? By the way 2 guys from here at work are making there first ever trip to Eldora this weekend. So I know for sure it is attracting a different crowd. Kinda fun showing the guys the quick way there.