IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
pjohnson (Offline)
  #21 8/26/12 8:15 PM
dad im not mad just did not like the comment but its all good. yes he lives closer to us24. i plan to race the car where ever they will let me i think the newer 1000s are just as fast. Look at the way 1000 prices went up and they will get worse. just let people race and add weight if they are bigger. Think of the poor little 600 getting beat up by the 1000 but they come and race. But as long as we have amsa and mmsa and a few tracks with weekly or bi-weekly we should all be happy people lol I want to run as many as i can in 2013
DAD (Offline)
  #22 8/26/12 9:04 PM
Originally Posted by pjohnson:
dad im not mad just did not like the comment but its all good. yes he lives closer to us24. i plan to race the car where ever they will let me i think the newer 1000s are just as fast. Look at the way 1000 prices went up and they will get worse. just let people race and add weight if they are bigger. Think of the poor little 600 getting beat up by the 1000 but they come and race. But as long as we have amsa and mmsa and a few tracks with weekly or bi-weekly we should all be happy people lol I want to run as many as i can in 2013
The people up at 24 are great people, We raced there a couple of years with AMSA with the go karts, Yes those things are wicked fast. Gas being what it is people can't drive that far to race right now. If you wanted to race with MMSA I don't think it would be too big a deal.

Right now car count is a big thing people are short on money most of us race for fun and don't make a living racing. The old motors are getting harder and harder to get. We have blown 3 of these darned 1000cc motors this year, We raced our 04 motor up at 24 and for 4 more years raced an 08 for 2 years, blew up the 08, put the 04 in next week and blew it up, finally found a low mile 10 and ran it twice and blew it up. Looks like MMSA will be one car short again so if I was them I would say let this guy run.

Honest Dad himself

Back when we ran 600cc cars you were allowed 2mm over bore for clean up, but then you didn't have to chrome the bore.
racer22r (Offline)
  #23 8/27/12 10:06 AM
pjohnson if you want to run with MMSA all you have to do is show up and sign in, They Wont check your engine especially if you run with them once, Bill told me personally that he wasnt going to check cars at Eldora because they had raced with them already this year. To be honest with you twin cities isnt worth going to it gets way to dust and the track personel will try to fight you before anyone else.
DAD (Offline)
  #24 8/27/12 3:49 PM
Originally Posted by racer22r:
pjohnson if you want to run with MMSA all you have to do is show up and sign in, They Wont check your engine especially if you run with them once, Bill told me personally that he wasnt going to check cars at Eldora because they had raced with them already this year. To be honest with you twin cities isnt worth going to it gets way to dust and the track personel will try to fight you before anyone else.

Hey guys!

This AMSA-MMSA thing is starting to look like the presidential ******** this year. If we are trying to win over "customers-racers" why not do it by telling people what is good about our group instead of what is wrong with the other group. People don't respond to all this negative stuff.

Like I keep on saying "competition" is great, it brings out the best in everything. You are selling a product, the better you can make that product the more people will buy it. If you do manage to convince someone that the other guy is selling junk what makes you think that the person is going to deal with someone who is so negative.

Work on your product make it better than the other guy and people will want to deal with you. That is what is great about the old USA today we are allowed to compete for peoples business and that makes us better.

There is plenty of room for 2 organizations Here in Indiana each with a little different approach of doing things (1200cc vs 1000cc stock). Times are tuff but when things get better so will the racing.

Negative comments never did anything good for anyone, most of all the person making them.

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: Mike M 67, SlingShock
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #25 8/27/12 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86:
Just found out in the drivers meeting north Vernon has invited us to run non wing next Saturday and Sunday? Thoughts....

Posted via Mobile Device
Is the Sunday race a go? The only race listed on the MMSA website is Saturday, Sept 1st.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
DAD (Offline)
  #26 8/28/12 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Phylo82:
Is the Sunday race a go? The only race listed on the MMSA website is Saturday, Sept 1st.
Talked to Bill he said it is a go. Track was pretty good Sat night. We oiled turn 1 & 2 down real good to keep the dust down.

Honest Dad himself
racer22r (Offline)
  #27 8/28/12 9:49 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:
We oiled turn 1 & 2 down real good to keep the dust down.

Honest Dad himself
There isnt enough oil or water in this country to keep that place from being a dust bowl. We ran there earlier this year and you couldnt see anything going into 3 and especially comming out of 4 is was just dust clud and rocks comming at you, i tried to catch the race on my go pro camera and all i got was a reinactment of the dust bowl.
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #28 8/28/12 9:57 AM
It wasn't bad Saturday, better than I've seen in awhile....

Posted via Mobile Device
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #29 8/28/12 10:51 AM
We ran there about a month ago with the MMSA and the track was pretty good.....until they dumped a bunch of water on it before the 1000cc feature which turned it into a slippery mud hole.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #30 8/28/12 10:57 AM
it looks like this storm is going to screw it all up anyways