IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nonwing (Offline)
  #21 8/20/11 4:08 PM
I agree Jerry. The other thing is that Brian is just plain fearless. I will never forget seeing him split two guys down the middle for a heat race win at Gas City. Just a regular show, nothing special, he's just a stand on the gas kind of guy.
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #22 8/20/11 4:24 PM
Red for mess in turn 4 involving Beechler Darland Bateman Hagen - everybody walks away - 19 to go

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

19 to go - Tyler leads Jones Coons Hines Larson Stanbrough Kaeding Hollingsworth K.Swanson Gamester Fike Windom Hagar Darland...
2 Likes: IndyBound, racegal
chadyracing (Offline)
  #23 8/20/11 4:27 PM
Can you tell how Cockrum is doing?
Thanks,
Dan
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #24 8/20/11 4:39 PM
10 to go - Tyler Jones Coons Hines Larson Stanbrough Kaeding K.Swanson Gamester Windom Hollingsworth Fike Darland Hagar...

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Brian Tyler wins his 4th "Tony Bettenhausen 100" over Jones Coons Larson Hines Stanbrough Kaeding K.Swanson Gamester Windom...
8 Likes: 410racer, AustinSprinter, erich45, jerrydt, koolaid89, nonwing, racegal, turn4
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #25 8/20/11 6:09 PM
Good day at Springpatch! Tyler sure has that place figured out. He is getting into Chuck Gurney territory. He started 14th and took the lead on the 14th lap. The track was absolutely rocket fast in hotlaps. The sun came out and the times in qualifying went way up. The first half the race there was some passing on the outside. The second half was pretty much on the rail and it got dry/slick, especially turn 4. All in all, a great day at my favorite track. Glad Beechler is OK, he took a pretty good tumble.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
duel (Offline)
  #26 8/20/11 6:23 PM
Way to go Brian!!! CONGRATS!

did they stop it at 50 and double em up? I know Tyler is not a fan of that format.
flatout (Offline)
  #27 8/20/11 7:16 PM
Was the 63 there today?
Posted using Mobile Device
miledirt (Offline)
  #28 8/20/11 8:06 PM
What about Hunter S.? thought he was on the entry list? Sure hope he makes DuQuoin...pretty close to home for him
wbr (Offline)
  #29 8/20/11 10:38 PM
Way to go Tyler!
Posted using Mobile Device
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #30 8/20/11 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by :
Can you tell how Cockrum is doing?
Shane was black flagged for a broken Dzus bracket holding the visor soon after the 51 lap mandatory pit stop. This put him two laps down and finishing 17th or so. He was fast and smooth, holding his position and conserving for the finish. Another very impressive run in his rookie season.