IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #21 5/23/10 12:47 PM
My only complaint is its further thinning already thin saturday night racing.

That being said I don't get the bashing of teams trying to put on a show.

Back in the early-mid 90s we were having 8-12 cars showing up at Winged shows right here in Indiana WHY? The same reason teams are looking for alternatives now. COST.

I went to TCRP The racing certainly was not a problem Nor the count. The rest is history.

Charles Nungester
Torry (Offline)
  #22 5/23/10 1:52 PM
Ah, the glamorous life of the sprint car driver.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

For those wanting a DVD of the night you can contact

Tim Coontz
PO Box 314
Junction City, Ky. 40440

... he's also known as "pitman5141" on the 4m.net forum

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

sprinter14 (Offline)
  #23 5/23/10 3:00 PM
I would like to say thanks to the ASCT and the officials of both the series and Bluegrass Speedway for taking good care of us. I know for a fact, the Friday night rainout cut the car count nearly in half. I also considered staying closer to home since I could not run 2 nights, BUT, I promised to support the Kentucky shows, so I made to tow. As for the series, I'm not really sure why so many people are being so negative. They treated me great, paid the full purse, enforced the rules, and we all had fun. Where I race we have to run 2 rear spec junk tires that cost 200 each. It was nice paying $155 for one spec tire and it still looks like it can run another 2 races!!

As for the Bardstown crowd, the comment about being able to pick your seat there.......I guess you have never been there. Not too many years ago, Bardstown hosted the DTWC for late models. It is a 1/2 mile with bleachers the length of the frontstretch and wrapping almost all of 1 and 2. Their pit bleachers are in 3 and 4 and hold about the same as Montpelier's entire facility holds. I have been to USAC shows at Eldora where I could "pick my seat" too. Just like Eldora, it was a bigger crowd than appeared, the facility just made it LOOK smaller.

I have family in Louisville who came to watch. They said that was an average crowd for that track. Their season opener only saw 10 late models, 6 street stocks and 12 mods. So 9 sprint cars was not the end of their world. I doubt very much that the promoter heard many complaints.

Thanks again ASCT..........can't go to IL this weekend. But I will be back for Montpelier and Shadyhill.

Aaron Fry #14
Chillicothe, Ohio
6 Likes: Bruce Harrison, Finish-LineMM, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, sprintsrule
lovindirt
  #24 5/23/10 7:13 PM
Aaron it was nice meeting you. good luck the rest of the season.

Jeff
sprintsrule (Offline)
  #25 5/23/10 9:34 PM
Originally Posted by sprinter14:
I would like to say thanks to the ASCT and the officials of both the series and Bluegrass Speedway for taking good care of us. I know for a fact, the Friday night rainout cut the car count nearly in half. I also considered staying closer to home since I could not run 2 nights, BUT, I promised to support the Kentucky shows, so I made to tow. As for the series, I'm not really sure why so many people are being so negative. They treated me great, paid the full purse, enforced the rules, and we all had fun. Where I race we have to run 2 rear spec junk tires that cost 200 each. It was nice paying $155 for one spec tire and it still looks like it can run another 2 races!!

As for the Bardstown crowd, the comment about being able to pick your seat there.......I guess you have never been there. Not too many years ago, Bardstown hosted the DTWC for late models. It is a 1/2 mile with bleachers the length of the frontstretch and wrapping almost all of 1 and 2. Their pit bleachers are in 3 and 4 and hold about the same as Montpelier's entire facility holds. I have been to USAC shows at Eldora where I could "pick my seat" too. Just like Eldora, it was a bigger crowd than appeared, the facility just made it LOOK smaller.

I have family in Louisville who came to watch. They said that was an average crowd for that track. Their season opener only saw 10 late models, 6 street stocks and 12 mods. So 9 sprint cars was not the end of their world. I doubt very much that the promoter heard many complaints.

Thanks again ASCT..........can't go to IL this weekend. But I will be back for Montpelier and Shadyhill.

Aaron Fry #14
Chillicothe, Ohio
Thank you for a positive "non-bashing" post...nice to see on here
Torry (Offline)
  #26 5/23/10 9:51 PM
Originally Posted by sprintsrule:
Thank you for a positive "non-bashing" post...nice to see on here
He's a nice guy to meet, too.