IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
aceace
  #21 2/15/10 8:17 AM
Someone should have asked Smoke what it was like to win the Nationwide race and be nothing more than a footnote.

Watched "Windtunnel" Sunday night and Dave Despain said most of the emails he got were negative towards "the gurl". DW said that she would help sponsorship for other teams and that she could drive. I disagree, everyone watched her debut (ARCA ratings up 60% but, 60% of what number) IMHO those were probably curios IRL fans. I doubt these ratings increases last very long. The Nationwide race showed that she has a lot of work to do just to be any sort of competitive.
REH24 (Offline)
  #22 2/15/10 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by aceace:
Someone should have asked Smoke what it was like to win the Nationwide race and be nothing more than a footnote.

Watched "Windtunnel" Sunday night and Dave Despain said most of the emails he got were negative towards "the gurl". DW said that she would help sponsorship for other teams and that she could drive. I disagree, everyone watched her debut (ARCA ratings up 60% but, 60% of what number) IMHO those were probably curios IRL fans. I doubt these ratings increases last very long. The Nationwide race showed that she has a lot of work to do just to be any sort of competitive.
DW did a lot of dancing around Despain's question about why didn't Nelson Piquet Jr get more notice when he drove a heck of a race for the first time in the truck race.

REH
Hamby812 (Offline)
  #23 2/15/10 12:32 PM
Dont indy cars virtually drive themselves? I mean all you do in those is push a button to save fuel. Or "set the speed control" for pit lane. They have so much down force you hardly have to do anything. My honest opinion is that those cars are a joke, and we will soon find out that she will be a joke in stock cars. And didnt the one race she won in IRL turn out to be a fuel mileage race?
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #24 2/15/10 1:50 PM
[QUOTE=Hamby812;157419]Dont indy cars virtually drive themselves? I mean all you do in those is push a button to save fuel. Or "set the speed control" for pit lane. They have so much down force you hardly have to do anything. My honest opinion is that those cars are a joke.

Yea, you get in one at any track and let us see you let it
"virtually drive themselve".
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #25 2/15/10 4:01 PM
Originally Posted by REH24:
DW did a lot of dancing around Despain's question about why didn't Nelson Piquet Jr get more notice when he drove a heck of a race for the first time in the truck race.

REH
You talk about DW? Are you referring to Dip Wad Waltrip? He and brother Mikey do nothing but talk to hear themselves rattle. Dip Wad is a shill and a doofuss and nothing more. I love the clip of him after he won the Daytona 500 with his cap on sidways and doing his stupid dance. He always could dance. A real classy picture. He is NASCRAP's pimp on the boob tube.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
bodine99 (Offline)
  #26 2/15/10 5:24 PM
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan:
i was watching espn and they ask him about danica, he said he couldn't beleive he was getting interviewed, that she must be off for the day or something. haha.

She is pretty fast though.
Tony must talk out of both sides of his mouth then. He had Danica on his radio show and was drooling all over her.
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #27 2/17/10 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by bodine99:
Tony must talk out of both sides of his mouth then. He had Danica on his radio show and was drooling all over her.
It must have been her looks he was drooling over
Geoff Kaiser (Offline)
  #28 2/17/10 12:48 PM