IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Racerrob (Offline)
  #21 9/24/09 2:32 PM
If we are talking about the 24 hours that was run in 2006, I believe the winner was Tracy Hines driving the #69. I remember leading before the rain stopped the race just before halfway and agonizing over whether to change the setup if the race resumed! IO also remember that I was not a bit tired watching the sun rise as we were pulling out of the pits after the SC race. Feature wins have that effect on me!!

Rob Hoffman
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #22 9/24/09 3:49 PM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
I have and his name is Jack Hewitt
I don’t know. I’ve seen Jack do a lot of great things in person, but Levi put on a show that night. The whole entire car was run above the cushion…which was like a parking curb that night (all the rain caused it to be huge….probably made it up to about ¾ the way up the track). I walked the track afterward and there was one set of tire tracks that went above the cushion. You could tell that same line was used every lap he went up there.

Jack’s the man and may have won one like that, but I didn’t see it in person if he did. Jack's of course had a ton of good moments, Levi’s run that night was very memorable IMO. Just talking what I have seen in person.
AlkyMadness (Offline)
  #23 9/24/09 3:56 PM
Tracy won the sprint and midget feature that year. Mat Neely won the Silver Crown and Jerry Bowersock won the mod feature after a strong run was made by Dave Darland.

Rain started Friday that weekend. Only the midgets completed qualifying and Darren Hagen was quick time. Rain hit during sprint time trials. At that point, Ricky Stenhouse was quick time.

That was a long night, but the sunrise over the back straight was nice to see.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #24 9/24/09 4:09 PM
Originally Posted by BIGEBUDMAN:
I just watched the noon news. It will definetly not rain on Friday, rain will start around midnight and rain until about 3 or 4pm on sat. Dont hold me to this forecast but it looks pretty good if the forecast does not change. it is currently raining now and is suppose to stop overnight. We are not suppose to get alot, but we will see.
I think Friday is fine also, maybe rain after midnight. Then Saturday maybe a shower between 3-7pm but then it seems ok? The amounts it could rain also seem small to. How does that sound?
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #25 9/24/09 4:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
I think Friday is fine also, maybe rain after midnight. Then Saturday maybe a shower between 3-7pm but then it seems ok? The amounts it could rain also seem small to. How does that sound?
If the weather men are like the ones in Indy, we are good to go. They charted the Indy weather men and found they were wrong 85% of the time.

So if they predict rain, we got an 85% chance of racing.

Don't you love modern technology? The weather man needs a window.
Theokayman (Offline)
  #26 9/24/09 4:45 PM
Originally Posted by Racerrob:
If we are talking about the 24 hours that was run in 2006, I believe the winner was Tracy Hines driving the #69. I remember leading before the rain stopped the race just before halfway and agonizing over whether to change the setup if the race resumed! IO also remember that I was not a bit tired watching the sun rise as we were pulling out of the pits after the SC race. Feature wins have that effect on me!!

Rob Hoffman
I do not recall seeing the sun rise that morning. I was right on time for work at 6:30am Sunday morning. I did receive a phone call from R. Hoffman as I was walking into the rest area just after the Plainfield exit. For some reason, I wasn't that tired that day either.

Jake.
98arpy (Offline)
  #27 9/24/09 5:14 PM
When it is late in the season and we are looking towards winter, any racing is good!
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #28 9/24/09 5:37 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelKT:
I don’t know. I’ve seen Jack do a lot of great things in person, but Levi put on a show that night. The whole entire car was run above the cushion…which was like a parking curb that night (all the rain caused it to be huge….probably made it up to about ¾ the way up the track). I walked the track afterward and there was one set of tire tracks that went above the cushion. You could tell that same line was used every lap he went up there.

Jack’s the man and may have won one like that, but I didn’t see it in person if he did. Jack's of course had a ton of good moments, Levi’s run that night was very memorable IMO. Just talking what I have seen in person.
I've seen it in person done by Jack and not once. It was the first time I had seen anyone with the balls to do it. I have been going to races for 50 years. Levi has the kahuna"s, he was doing it at the burg just a few weeks ago.
Need For Speed (Offline)
  #29 9/24/09 5:55 PM
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
I've seen it in person done by Jack and not once. It was the first time I had seen anyone with the balls to do it. I have been going to races for 50 years. Levi has the kahuna"s, he was doing it at the burg just a few weeks ago.
I've seen Jack perform that trick myself, more than once.

I've also seen Luke Hall do it going into turn 1 at Waynesfield.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #30 9/24/09 6:16 PM
Well us cheeseheads are going to wait until 6am central time Friday morning to make our decision. Looks like Eldora is getting rain today so we aren't going to leave tonight. 400 miles is a long ride so we want to check things out again in the morning.