IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #21 8/15/09 10:52 PM
Congrats Kyle and Family !! Great Kid, Great Driver, Great Family !!

Tim Clauson

W.W.B.K.D. ?
38DD (Offline)
  #22 8/15/09 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=hbmundy;127772]
Originally Posted by wildman92:
Looked to me like a slide job gone wrong. Bp was running hard trying to do anything to get around bland. Unfortunately it took em both out.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE
There was no way bp was going to come out of the corner without flipping, or at the very least, contact with Jeff. BP drove in way over his head and took them both out...PERIOD! Congrats to Kyle and his crew. Jeff drove his rear end off and should be proud of the way he ran.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats the way I saw it also. Bland got flat run over by Puterhead.It was a shame to crash 2 good cars. Congrats to Kyle..
Great Scott (Offline)
  #23 8/15/09 11:20 PM
BP went it too hard and took them both out. Great job Kyle. It was cool to get to see you win.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #24 8/15/09 11:20 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight... I felt that the BP/Bland crash was an unfortunate racin deal. I am sure both sides are angry and dissapointed. If the crash happened on lap 5, I could see as a bad deal.. but this was turn 3 & 4 on the last lap with both drivers hungry for the win. It is very simple.. two guys racing there guts out! It was a very exciting race.

BTW... I should mention that "Brain-damage" Hayden got his 2nd win in row in the modifieds....

RATHER B RACING (Offline)
  #25 8/15/09 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by bill gardner:
i don't have a dog in this fight... I felt that the bp/bland crash was an unfortunate racin deal. I am sure both sides are angry and dissapointed. If the crash happened on lap 5, i could see as a bad deal.. But this was turn 3 & 4 on the last lap with both drivers hungry for the win. It is very simple.. Two guys racing there guts out! It was a very exciting race.

Btw... I should mention that "brain-damage" hayden got his 2nd win in row in the modifieds....
your right bill it was a exciting race both sprint and mods
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #26 8/15/09 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
I don't have a dog in this fight... I felt that the BP/Bland crash was an unfortunate racin deal. I am sure both sides are angry and dissapointed. If the crash happened on lap 5, I could see as a bad deal.. but this was turn 3 & 4 on the last lap with both drivers hungry for the win. It is very simple.. two guys racing there guts out! It was a very exciting race.

BTW... I should mention that "Brain-damage" Hayden got his 2nd win in row in the modifieds....
It was a pretty good birthday present for you, Bill. Two in a row. If you guys continue with this kind of dominance, they're gonna call for this team to be broken up.

As far as the deal between Bland and BP, it just looked like BP went for it and missed. He's not a dirty driver, so it was no doubt just a miscalculation on his part. Wasn't a bad night of racing and the track was a lot smoother than it had been in previous weeks. We were out of there by 9:45. Would have been out of there by 9:30 at the latest, had the wrecker not ran over and gotten stuck to Kenny Carmichael's car.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
hbmundy (Offline)
  #27 8/15/09 11:49 PM
Some may call it racing...I call it driving in way over your head and hoping when you bounce off the guy leading that you are able to beat him to the flag. There is no way you can convince me that BP was going to make it through that turn without contact.
Thanks to the Cam and the Pottorff crew for a great car...too bad 1 dumba** move cost them the race.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #28 8/16/09 12:22 AM
Well run show tonight done by 9:45 even with the mods running their feature 1st. Speaking of which congrats to Brian and Bill. I agree with Jerry, BP is not a dirty driver but it was pretty much a bonehead move. Nice run to 3rd by Seth Parker, he is getting better!

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
D.O. (Offline)
  #29 8/16/09 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXx4lx15LhU
2 Likes: JEFFSTOY, RATHER B RACING
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #30 8/16/09 1:14 AM
You always learn something from the replay, compared to what you think your eyes saw, when you watched it happen. As I see the replay, it looks like an aggressive move by BP that just went bad. That set off a chain of circumstances that ended up with him rolling and then flipping right into the space where Jeff Bland just happened to be. Live and in real time, it looked more like a driver taking the other guy out by making contact on a slider gone bad. But, it ended up being more of a racing deal than it initially appeared. It was still a bad deal for Jeff, who was definitely going to win the race.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: 38DD, Pat O'Connor Fan