IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
john3g
  #21 8/11/09 8:55 PM
Originally Posted by ramracing77:
I think the rule changes for Charleston seem fair to me Jhon. I hope to see at least 14 steel blockers at Charleston simply because like I told you earlier, we didn't need aluminum block cars in the beginning and I think the rule change was a little to pre-mature. I can only hope other steel block teams see it the same!! I can tell you that the #77 and the #44 car will be there.On another note, I would like to send a public apology to Antony Leohr and his team for the behavior of my team and most of all myself!! To all teams there supporting SCORA I apologize for representing our series so poorly. Sincerely, Joe Varvel #44.
Joe, your great guy and a true gentlemen. I'm proud to call you my friend. We're going to have a GREAT show!!! Thanks again...John Gurley
Joey Woods (Offline)
  #22 8/11/09 9:06 PM
Originally Posted by pgray:
Professional " Press Releases " posted on message boards do not end in " LET THE BASHING BEGIN !!!! "

Apparently , you must think that there is much within your organization to " bash ".
You should consider an overhaul of your club's public relations skills .
I believe the comment was for folks like yourself that just have to post something no matter what. You claim to be a USAC midget racer so what possible interest could you have in bashing SCORA? Have you ever attended a SCORA race? Do you have a steel block sprint car? A big time USAC racer like yourself probably does not understand a deal like SCORA.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #23 8/11/09 9:28 PM
ooooops i know 3
Posted via Mobile Device
Big Willy (Offline)
  #24 8/11/09 9:53 PM
[QUOTE=john3g;126334]20 cars...[COLOR="Black"] As for the tires Steve we are bound this year by a contract with HOOSIER.I would love to hear more input from all the teams on the tire rule.

I have nothing against Hoosier but man do i ever get tired of people taking their under the table cash and locking out any other manufacturer. It's a crock but the racers continue to let it happen. Why don't you also contact Bilstein, Winters, Weld, Saldana, Bell, etc. and have them all pay you off and really line your pockets.
john3g
  #25 8/11/09 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=Big Willy;126608]
Originally Posted by john3g:
20 cars...[COLOR="Black"] As for the tires Steve we are bound this year by a contract with HOOSIER.I would love to hear more input from all the teams on the tire rule.

I have nothing against Hoosier but man do i ever get tired of people taking their under the table cash and locking out any other manufacturer. It's a crock but the racers continue to let it happen. Why don't you also contact Bilstein, Winters, Weld, Saldana, Bell, etc. and have them all pay you off and really line your pockets.
Ive always said competition is a good thing in tires,car parts,race tracks or whatever.So I'm with ya.
aleohr46
  #26 8/11/09 10:21 PM
Joe, just want to say that it was a hot night and the drivers or the teams didn't use cool heads. Its over and we will move on. We have been friends for to long, for there to be BAD BLOOD.
The 4p car will be at Charleston with #77 and #44. now we need 11 more.
lbudde5 (Offline)
  #27 8/11/09 10:24 PM
the #59 is planning on going as well.

10 more.
chadyracing (Offline)
  #28 8/11/09 10:53 PM
We "SHOULD" make this one. Fired the car Sunday. The correct pills should be here tomorrow so I think we're set. Could use some info on help for a 360 though. What time do gates open?
Thanks,
Dan Chady
Motormasher (Offline)
  #29 8/11/09 10:58 PM
I got my motor in my car Sunday @ 5:30 but haven't fired it yet. If everything is ok and I think it should be, I am planning on making the Charleston race.

I still think allowing aluminum blocks is a BIG MISTAKE to this series, but I realize whats going on with the series and the lack of cars. Myself the traveling is the problem. When Sam started this deal Danville was going to host the most races and that was ok, but traveling all over isn't for me. You all lost me when the schedule came out and then expecially when Flora cancelled 3 races.

I had some long discussions with Sam last winter on the rules but he didn't want to include my ideas (which I posted on here when this all 1st came out) and now to let the higher dollar teams just show up and run don't seem right expecially without any restrictions.

To be as honest with all of you as I can be, I cannot finance a team to go run the regular shows at all the local Indiana Illinois tracks. It just takes too much money to compete with all these "high dollar" teams and know I have no chance of winning.

With this series however, I feel like I might have a chance to win a race and just have some fun racing again. I think this series gives alot of other guys that same chance they are not going to get anywhere else. And I think this is going to be very successfull in the future and alot of you "people" on this board know it will be too.
JasonWatt
  #30 8/11/09 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Motormasher:
I got my motor in my car Sunday @ 5:30 but haven't fired it yet. If everything is ok and I think it should be, I am planning on making the Charleston race.

I still think allowing aluminum blocks is a BIG MISTAKE to this series, but I realize whats going on with the series and the lack of cars. Myself the traveling is the problem. When Sam started this deal Danville was going to host the most races and that was ok, but traveling all over isn't for me. You all lost me when the schedule came out and then expecially when Flora cancelled 3 races.

I had some long discussions with Sam last winter on the rules but he didn't want to include my ideas (which I posted on here when this all 1st came out) and now to let the higher dollar teams just show up and run don't seem right expecially without any restrictions.

To be as honest with all of you as I can be, I cannot finance a team to go run the regular shows at all the local Indiana Illinois tracks. It just takes too much money to compete with all these "high dollar" teams and know I have no chance of winning.

With this series however, I feel like I might have a chance to win a race and just have some fun racing again. I think this series gives alot of other guys that same chance they are not going to get anywhere else. And I think this is going to be very successfull in the future and alot of you "people" on this board know it will be too.
Best of luck Dave! Let me know for sure if you plan on going over, I will come down in the pits and give you a hand if you need it....

Seen the SCORA race at Chandler, was hoping for Gentry to beat Memmer but the show wasn't that bad..... Matt Humphrey was impressive in his ride until it broke......

Jason