IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Larryoracing (Offline)
  #21 12/7/07 2:47 AM
:rolling:I was trying to think if I could make any sense out of this post.

1) I guess everybody has their reasons for posting.

a) What's mine? Good question.

2) I did notice that on July 27th, Nascar will be at
the "Brickyard" for the 400 so I guess this is
a good marketing 'ploy' to have the Midget 400 on the
day before, July 26th. That's a pretty good marketer
if I do say so myself.

3) I have no idea how many cars would show, but I would
be willing to bet there would be many. The professional
guys will go to Orielly Park for the 30 laps feature for
the National Series and the rest would go to the Midget
400 to have some fun. It will cost those midget racers
some money to run 400 laps, but I was wondering
if there would be any emotional good, sensation and
good feelings knowing that you ran that race and finished.

Hope they get a lot of fans for the Midget 400.

Larry "O":applaud:
Midget82
  #22 12/7/07 4:05 AM
Hmm... the Lil' 5 on "500 weekend" and the Lil' 4 on "400 weekend"...

...just have to skip the races at the big track...:emote20:

I wonder how good of a show 11 rows of midgets starting 3 wide would be...:respect:
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #23 12/7/07 6:40 AM
Originally Posted by Midget82:
Hmm... the Lil' 5 on "500 weekend" and the Lil' 4 on "400 weekend"...

...just have to skip the races at the big track...:emote20:

I wonder how good of a show 11 rows of midgets starting 3 wide would be...:respect:
If it is anything like the start of the Little 500, that alone would be worth the price of admission. I plan on being there to enjoy the midgets. Anderson Speedway is a great track to watch the midgets compete. Also glad to see some Wednesday night USAC midget action return to Sun Valley.
Rex W. (Offline)
  #24 12/7/07 7:15 AM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
May need a rebuild after 400 laps on a midget engine.
LOL Maybe they will need more than a rebuild after 400 laps, like a new block after they sling the rods out around lap 300.
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #25 12/7/07 11:01 AM
hahahahahah E. P. It would take a lot more than a RR to get me to the Silly Bowl as a car owner. Been there and done that. Racing and spending a lot of money against 700 lb. baby buggy type purpose built cars and multi-millionaire super teams with bottomless pockets is not my idea of a great time. Look for me in the stands watching all the "California Gold Rush" wanabes trying to find the rainbow in Tulsa.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #26 12/7/07 12:00 PM
Yet you'll run against the Munchkin?

Don, you have your reasons but I don't have the four star hotel (That takes dogs) reserved for ya

Charles Nungester
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #27 12/7/07 12:14 PM
Don't get me started on the Munchkin......... :idea: BTW, there are no luxury hotel suites left in Tulsa. Lanny Hahn reserved them all for the multi-millionaire guys and stars. Nice of all the little teams to subsidize these guys.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #28 12/7/07 12:16 PM
Sorry, I just did :emote20:

Like I said, you have your reasons and thats enough for me

Charles Nungester
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #29 12/7/07 12:33 PM
FWIW, Here's what I'd like to see happen at Fort Wayne. The original indoor races that were held in the Coliseum were USAC sanctioned National events with points awarded. The present promotion is a Special USAC event with all kinds of "ifs" "ands" and "buts" allowed to compete. All kinds of rules are thrown out the window along with some ******** thrown in the window.

I would like to see this event become a National USAC event with National rules enforced. That would end all the nonsense about what's legal and what's not. If it's good enough outdoors, it's surely good enough indoors. Under the National umbrella with points awarded, you would then see cars AND stars that race for National points competing there. Now, if you read between the lines here, you will figure out why 90% of the National teams and stars don't show up in Fort Wayne including the TinTop guy's warehouse of legal midgets that will be sitting in Brownsburg, IN on December 28-29.
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #30 12/7/07 12:39 PM
BTW, my legal midget that will compete at Fort Wayne is for sale. :thumbsdown:I wonder why!!!!!

Don Moore
Closed Thread