IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
aceace
  #21 2/15/09 8:46 PM
Originally Posted by petey:
Wind Tunnel starts tonight right? Someone needs to address the incidents with Leffler and Earnhardt.
Can't quite figure out the difference between the wrecks. Nearly identical, he just flat out took the 83 out. Jr never left the pavement. Had no reason to do what he did. Of course the mouthpieces all said at the beginning that it was his fault, then changed their tune. Goodyear had to recall tires, what is up with them. Stewart's favorite tire company strikes again.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #22 2/15/09 8:55 PM
Would someone get Kenseth a hankee............................
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #23 2/15/09 9:04 PM
Originally Posted by arctic monkey21:
I'm not sure how Jr could have got the free pass when it was just stated yesterday that Leffler could not make up any of his laps for his penalty. I suppose rules don't matter when you're Jr.
IIRC, Joonyer didn't get the lap back after the big wreck he caused. He got it on the next yellow. Two stupid mistakes in the pits and one ultra stupid one on the track. But, he's Joonyer. No one at NASCAR has the nerve to call a penalty on Joonyer. Even the house announcers tried to take back their comments made at the time of the wreck. :kookoo
Jim Halpert (Offline)
  #24 2/15/09 9:17 PM
I guess the 43 drivers in the biggest race in the country today were ice skating.[/QUOTE]

Biggest in the country? Indy draws a bigger crowd, pays more, has a longer, richer history, and gives away a place in history that cannot be forgotten. You may disagree with the way Indycar racing has gone (I don't), but Indy is still way, way, way bigger than Daytona.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #25 2/15/09 9:29 PM
what happened, i watched the start ,took my nap ,woke up to see the end and it was over:confused:
Pine (Offline)
  #26 2/15/09 9:42 PM
I see everyone enjoyed "The Great American Race" :rolling

EVERYONE hates Nascar, but, EVERYONE watches :action-smiley-049:
Motormasher (Offline)
  #27 2/15/09 9:54 PM
You all keep using the word "race"? When did they ever race?

This "event" (cause it isn't no race) sucks compared to the "Super Bowl", let alone a good dirt track race!

Its a shame to compare these drivers to the drivers of the past too, I mean back when they were balls to the wall racing years ago.:checkered:
ronmil (Offline)
  #28 2/15/09 10:01 PM
I don't usually watch NASCAR Victory Lane, but I was watching tonight, and, much to my surprise, Jimmy Spencer said that what Junior did was far worse than what Jason Leffler did and they penalized Leffler five laps. I couldn't believe my ears. I did hear that didn't I?!

Ron Miller
6157 (Offline)
  #29 2/15/09 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jim Halpert:
Biggest in the country? Indy draws a bigger crowd, pays more, has a longer, richer history, and gives away a place in history that cannot be forgotten. You may disagree with the way Indycar racing has gone (I don't), but Indy is still way, way, way bigger than Daytona.
Indy doesn't pay more, doesn't even garner half the TV ratings Daytona does, and Daytona has actually had an increase in attendance over the past 15 years. Fox increased their share of TV rights for sole possession of the Daytona 500, the Indy 500 is probably one or two more years of lower ratings from being broadcast on a network half the country doesn't even get. Not to mention the Coca-Cola 600 outrates the 500 now.

When Scott Dixon is co-hosting Good Morning America, talk to me about "way, way, way bigger than Daytona."

I won't deny to a race fan, the Indy 500 is the more traditional race, but you'd be an idiot if you think the Indy 500 even has a place in pop culture this day in age. It's been easily supplanted by the Daytona 500.
aceace
  #30 2/15/09 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Pine:
I see everyone enjoyed "The Great American Race" :rolling

EVERYONE hates Nascar, but, EVERYONE watches :action-smiley-049:
NASCAR WAS MUCH MUCH BETTER BACK IN THE DAY! Yes, I watched, because it's the only thing on. Next year I may watch a movie rerun.

6157: Yes, Indy paid double the purse of Daytona. Dixon got 3 million for winning. Indy 500 and 4 other races are on ABC. Same number of people get Versus as ESPN2