IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Steve Wendel (Offline)
  #21 6/6/23 10:12 PM
No music is nice so you can actually talk to someone!
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45, Hubie48, Igo-Ono, jdull99, Love dirt, PIT CART, TQ29m
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #22 6/7/23 10:18 AM
Down through the years, one of the things I have learned people gripe about most at race tracks is the music. Bottom line is, when it comes to music you cannot please everyone. Everybody has different tastes in music. Every song played is going to be “music” to some fan’s ears and nails on a chalkboard to others.
9 Likes: Dale, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, skids59, The Old Coyote, Turd Ferguson
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #23 6/7/23 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio:
Down through the years, one of the things I have learned people gripe about most at race tracks is the music. Bottom line is, when it comes to music you cannot please everyone. Everybody has different tastes in music. Every song played is going to be “music” to some fan’s ears and nails on a chalkboard to others.

This is true and my music choices are eclectic. But I can stand about anything as long as one of my least liked isn't a mojority of the playlist.

Mix it up, keep it light hearted and fun. I mean everybody likes the Doobies.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, Scott Daloisio
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #24 6/7/23 12:47 PM
I enjoy conversing with the people I go to the races with, or better yet, bench racing/getting to know those around Me (without butting in, becoming a nuisance, I been going to races for a while)

Music isn't necessary. It is handy at times when long track prep is going on, but the volume should be low enough as not to bother.

Somebody at Flo has some issues. They didn't get enough attention (I think it's a requirement to get a job there actually) The "William Shatner Golden Throat" shtick is as worn out as drop the hammer.

Note to anybody on Flo Broadcast Team

It's about the racing, not YOU. Get over yourselves
revjimk (Offline)
  #25 6/7/23 1:37 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I prefer sixties and seventies oldies
Me too
revjimk (Offline)
  #26 6/7/23 1:39 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel:
No music is nice so you can actually talk to someone!
I'd be fine with that too
revjimk (Offline)
  #27 6/7/23 1:41 PM
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio:
Of course
Seems like most tracks are heavy on those "arena rock/ hair metal" bands.... pretty annoying to me