IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #21 12/2/22 7:18 PM
At Circle city by race time it ended up being a pretty good crowd and I was hoping they would come back. What drew big crowds was the 2 Late model shows(WoO and Hell Tour) they had during the first year. Possibly bigger than sprint week crowds. I was really disappointed that Hell Tour chose to go to Montpelier instead last year. Either that or I dont understand why they wouldnt have wanted them back. With new promoters I have a feeling we may not get as much open wheel as the last promoter attempted.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
767 (Offline)
  #22 12/5/22 8:28 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
At Circle city by race time it ended up being a pretty good crowd and I was hoping they would come back. What drew big crowds was the 2 Late model shows(WoO and Hell Tour) they had during the first year. Possibly bigger than sprint week crowds. I was really disappointed that Hell Tour chose to go to Montpelier instead last year. Either that or I dont understand why they wouldnt have wanted them back. With new promoters I have a feeling we may not get as much open wheel as the last promoter attempted.
Crowd and car count are not why the All stars are not back at Circle City. That ownership group did not understand several of the dynamics of the dirt world. Will be interesting to see how the new ownership group does. Give them a couple of years.
2 Likes: Grocery Guy, nathans1012
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #23 12/5/22 6:17 PM
Originally Posted by 767:
Crowd and car count are not why the All stars are not back at Circle City. That ownership group did not understand several of the dynamics of the dirt world. Will be interesting to see how the new ownership group does. Give them a couple of years.
The "new" ownership comes from pavement full bodied car racing?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69
racefan20 (Offline)
  #24 12/5/22 8:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
The "new" ownership comes from pavement full bodied car racing?
Thats the way I understand it, but I may be wrong. Thats why I commented that we may not get as much open wheel as the last promoters.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #25 12/5/22 8:52 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Thats the way I understand it, but I may be wrong. Thats why I commented that we may not get as much open wheel as the last promoters.
The new promoter at Circle City Raceway Eddie Van Meter is the current ARCA / CRA Super Series champion (Asphalt Super Late Models)

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, PIT CART
TQ29m (Offline)
  #26 12/5/22 8:53 PM
Might solve the rock and dust problem!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #27 12/6/22 1:25 PM
Back-to-back Michigan dates in August. A nice, mild surprise.

I have the last three nights of Ohio Sprint Speedweek in the crosshairs, myself. Too bad they couldn't get a Waynesfield date in there, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the schedule, Vookie.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, monkeyboy
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #28 12/6/22 1:32 PM
Doesn't look like Waynesfield or Findlay are running.

Charles Nungester
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #29 12/7/22 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Doesn't look like Waynesfield or Findlay are running.
Yes. I now see that Waynesfield looks iffy for 2023 by their track website. Thanks for that news, albeit not great.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike