IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Midget98 (Offline)
  #21 12/22/21 7:14 PM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Did you ever race in that one? Dad missed the show by one or two spots in like 03. Was a good time. We went to watch a couple other times...hated it we missed KO's win in 97 (I think)
I ran the Hut 100 at Terre Haute in 2000 when NAMARS was sanctioning it. There was well over 40 cars there for it with a lot of Badger guys. That was actually my first race in a midget outdoors. My first time in the car was the 2000 Chili Bowl.
7 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, luckybuc97, PJ Wright
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #22 12/22/21 7:50 PM
Originally Posted by Midget98:
I ran the Hut 100 at Terre Haute in 2000 when NAMARS was sanctioning it. There was well over 40 cars there for it with a lot of Badger guys. That was actually my first race in a midget outdoors. My first time in the car was the 2000 Chili Bowl.
Speaking of NAMARS, I miss the 5 Crown.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
6 Likes: bighd0522, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, mlamb, TNRustler
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #23 12/22/21 9:32 PM
It’s just wrong that sprint cars don’t race at the high banks of Salem and Winchester any longer. My first true Sprint car race was at Salem in July of 1967. Watching the sprint cars on the high banks scared the hell out of me, but I loved it, and I miss it.
10 Likes: bighd0522, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, TQ29m
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #24 12/23/21 3:26 AM
It's wrong that I may have to start a Go Fund Me to get The Demon to sprint week this year. He told me if I could come up with some funding he would come this year. I got some put together but need more.
Grrrrrr

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
7 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, mc/rider, TNRustler
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #25 12/23/21 7:55 AM
Charles, the last time we had Turkey Night at Perris, only 22 cars showed up. The handwriting was on the wall and it was time to get the race to a smaller track. The bah humbug for 2021 was losing a few races early in the year. The thankful part of 2021 was getting to race from April on uninterrupted after only getting one race in, in 2020.
9 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Jonr, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #26 12/23/21 12:30 PM
My bah humbug is that there’s not a dedicated interstate highway between lake county Indiana and Haubstadt. Have only been able to make it there once and loved it. On a side note, if my memory is correct they ran the Hut Hundred at LPS and the Burg right?
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier
mc/rider (Offline)
  #27 12/23/21 1:10 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
My bah humbug is that there’s not a dedicated interstate highway between lake county Indiana and Haubstadt. Have only been able to make it there once and loved it. On a side note, if my memory is correct they ran the Hut Hundred at LPS and the Burg right?
Former lake rat here (Cedar Lake) I prefer U S 41 over I 65 My bah humbug is biding my time til Ocala

When in doubt Gas It
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #28 12/23/21 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
From what I can determine, the Hut Hundred was contested at Terre Haute, Lawrenceburg, Tri-State Speedway and Lincoln Park Speedway. The 2013 Hut Hundred was scheduled to occur at Tri-City Speedway in Pontoon Beach, IL, but was not held. The 2013 race was to be a co-sanction event with POWRi and USAC sanctions.
2 Likes: luckybuc97, racenut69
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #29 12/24/21 12:38 AM
It's just wrong .. .... so many "fans" focus entirely on car count. almost like they never watch the race
6 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, ISF, luckybuc97, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, racenut69