IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #21 5/13/18 1:07 AM
If I owned a racesaver Id show up to some of these tracks and get more $$ for last than for second. Might even be competitive on a slicky.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: Built-N-Stagger, flagboy55, PIT CART, sprinter31
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #22 5/13/18 8:25 AM
Here is last night car counts.....Eldora 21 Lawrenceburg 14 Putnamville 22 Fayette County 20 Haubstadt 17. Not sure on Paragon and Waynesfield was dark. The days of big car counts are over....

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
2 Likes: flagboy55, jim goerge
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #23 5/13/18 9:16 AM
I think another thing that contributes is the season is much longer. Not too many years ago no one ran a special show until around this time, and weekly racing was done at labor day. Tracks would run a special show or 2 until then. Trcks worked with each other and didn't schedule against others big shows. I think those days are gone too.Most teams have a certain amount of races that their budget can handle.
4 Likes: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #24 5/13/18 9:45 AM
I know Atomic is in Ohio, but not much further than Eldora, they had BOSS sprints with 23 racers.
Built-N-Stagger (Offline)
  #25 5/13/18 9:46 AM
Bloomington has the worst 410 schedule in the entire history of the track!
It does not promote its events and is suffering fan and driver loyalty as a result!
Friday night crowd was dismal and weather was not to blame.
Sad to see Bloomington in decline.
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #26 5/13/18 9:56 AM
That was the new Boss winged series at the Atomic speedway.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
Newport13 (Offline)
  #27 5/13/18 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by longtime sprinter:
i know atomic is in ohio, but not much further than eldora, they had boss sprints with 23 racers.
david mitchell (Offline)
  #28 5/13/18 12:38 PM
Too many races equals oversaturation equals small crowds equals low car counts.You are seeing the death of the weekly show being run at local tracks.Within Five years you will see most tracks have special only shows.Places around the Country that are historic and have weekly shows will still exist,for example Williams Grove and others.Not so sure this isn’t the best thing.Promote every event as something special.15 -18 events per season.Economics will dictate this.
4 Likes: captrat, dkdorkboy, sp6967, Speedmax3
Leohr46 (Offline)
  #29 5/13/18 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Here is last night car counts.....Eldora 21 Lawrenceburg 14 Putnamville 22 Fayette County 20 Haubstadt 17. Not sure on Paragon and Waynesfield was dark. The days of big car counts are over....
Paragon had 17 cars. That makes a weekend total of 111 nonwing cars in the area. At the cost of keeping a car on the track I do not think this is a bad car count.
6 Likes: davidm, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, sprinter31, Will Shunk
oppweld (Offline)
  #30 5/13/18 1:51 PM
Add 7 to that total, Charleston Il ran last night also.
2 Likes: jim goerge, Leohr46