IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #21 2/24/18 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Haulinmail:
Lost 3 spots, threw the yellow for safety they said. They call it blending in. He was fifth when windom bombed him. Had to restart 8th
Didn't Windom "bomb" Andretti in a similar fashion off of turn 2 a night previous in a heat race per Loudpedal? Sounds like Carson is a driver to watch in 2018 per this thread.
2 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97
openwheelfan1 (Online)
  #22 2/24/18 4:24 PM
Originally Posted by Will Shunk:
Didn't Windom "bomb" Andretti in a similar fashion off of turn 2 a night previous in a heat race per Loudpedal? Sounds like Carson is a driver to watch in 2018 per this thread.
I don't know that Windom "bombed" Andretti, but they certainly made contact later in the same feature where Windom and Carson Short made contact. If you watch the clip I originally posted, the contact occurs at about the 1:55 mark. Andretti slammed the wall on the "backstretch" and executed a rollover.
openwheelfan1 (Online)
  #23 2/24/18 4:28 PM
Originally Posted by Haulinmail:
Lost 3 spots, threw the yellow for safety they said. They call it blending in. He was fifth when windom bombed him. Had to restart 8th
The flagman was kind of funny to watch after Short made that save. He shrugged and shook his head in amazement. I think you could have counted on one hand the number of people there that thought Short WOULDN'T crash there. Not defending USAC, but I think,
given the situation, they made the best decision they could in where they restarted him.
2 Likes: interpreter66, luckybuc97
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #24 2/24/18 6:17 PM
Originally Posted by Will Shunk:
And john was nice enough to share his water bottle with windom during that red😉
6 Likes: bjr1655, bobO, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Simon_says17