10/30/09, 10:24 AM   #21
Re: Race track superstitions
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Don,

The Hoffman car was carrying #1 when Rich Vogler died. I just checked my copy of "No Time for Yesterday" to be sure.
It happened and nobody can change it.
However, The number 1 is also a upside down number

10/30/09, 10:40 AM   #22
Tony74

Out side of whats been mentioned. Me and a buddy that drives will not allow any one to put decals on our cars at the track, have to be ready to race.

10/30/09, 11:13 AM   #23
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony74 View Post
Out side of whats been mentioned. Me and a buddy that drives will not allow any one to put decals on our cars at the track, have to be ready to race.

There are a few teams I know of like that. One in particular will not put feature win stickers on their car till Thursday.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/30/09, 1:38 PM   #24
slide22

Quote:
I won't let that happen again. Let a guy put decals on our 2 cars last year at Montpelier... I flipped and our other car crashed into a pond off the backstretch.

10/30/09, 2:44 PM   #25
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
It happened and nobody can change it.
However, The number 1 is also a upside down number
Wasn't someone else hurt bad in the Hoffman car? It seems I remembers somebody that got hurt and there was an aura about driving The Hoffman cars for a few years

10/30/09, 4:04 PM   #26
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
We put decals on the Late Model I was working on and someone on the team mentioned that the last time we did that the car got all torn-up. Sure enough we got in a crash and trashed the front and the drivers side. Almost all sheetmetal containing stickets needed to be replaced.

10/30/09, 7:54 PM   #27
midmad68

before my time...my dad drove a tq for a guy named jim boone on the west coast. one their way to ascot one day, they stopped to get gas and my dad bought a snickers bar. when he went to eat it in the truck, jim took it from him and threw it out the window going down the freeway and gave him a lecture on why you don't eat peanuts on raceday. my dad has abided by the rule ever since...

MJ

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race track superstitions