IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
leftrear (Offline)
  #21 9/6/21 3:06 PM
I am getting to where I turn the volume off when I can't stand it anymore. If he would just talk like a regular person instead of the wrestling announcer voice then I would be able to put up with his constant mistakes. He still every race confuses car numbers, mixes up qualifying times, both over and under exaggerates things, and makes the same type of mistake over and over again. If he would get off the hyped up voice train these mistakes would probably go away. TALK LIKE A REAL PERSON !
8 Likes: azsprintfan1, billw, Charles Nungester, erich45, Hubie48, luckybuc97, streetglider, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #22 9/6/21 3:11 PM
Originally Posted by leftrear:
I am getting to where I turn the volume off when I can't stand it anymore. If he would just talk like a regular person instead of the wrestling announcer voice then I would be able to put up with his constant mistakes. He still every race confuses car numbers, mixes up qualifying times, both over and under exaggerates things, and makes the same type of mistake over and over again. If he would get off the hyped up voice train these mistakes would probably go away. TALK LIKE A REAL PERSON !
Suprised you lasted this long.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: erich45, oppweld
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #23 9/6/21 3:44 PM
I think Tony does a fine job.
11 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, captrat, dirt330, dkdorkboy, Eatin Dirt, Jbaldwin, PIT CART, Rapid Rick, Speedmax3, The Old Coyote
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #24 9/6/21 4:00 PM
I think he is lower than whale excrement. I turned the dog gone volume off.

Dude is a stone cold idiot
2 Likes: Midget98, tirespinner
Crankin (Offline)
  #25 9/6/21 4:39 PM
Originally Posted by Hubie48:

Well that's some real constructive criticism. Thanks for your well thought out suggestions.
5 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, Rapid Rick
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #26 9/6/21 4:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hubie48:

I’m sure Tony speaks highly of you. SMH…..
R A K (Offline)
  #27 9/6/21 5:04 PM
Other than continuing to learn more and more about his material (which he will), the only eminent thing he needs to practice is ... less is more.
5 Likes: azsprintfan1, erich45, fourteen fan, Rick Eaton, TommyTipover
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #28 9/6/21 5:36 PM
Im beyond constructive criticism. Im at the point on non renewal , Was going to four crown, But not now. If I go to burg it's because family wants too. It's annoying and when wrong as much as he is, Confusing.

Really hate to say that, but I've turned off more races than I've watched and it wasn't because of the racing product.

Sorry, But honesty is the only way to be.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Midget98, streetglider
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #29 9/6/21 5:52 PM
This is a good point about him under exaggerating things. Battles for the lead or a charge through the field can sometimes get a monotone but someone battling for 10th and it’s shouting.

Part of it is that we hear these announcers so much more nowadays with streaming. I used to like Blake Anderson, but the never ending shout outs to people he knows watching on Flo etc make me want to gouge my eyes out. I don’t think I would have even noticed in the old days when you’d hear a traveling announcer only a few times a year.
2 Likes: bighd0522, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #30 9/6/21 5:53 PM
I don't think he is that bad. Have actually heard worse this year.
3 Likes: Eatin Dirt, PIT CART, Rapid Rick