IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora sprint car shootout 10,000 to win
7/17/12, 9:56 PM   #21
dustbowl

Its not 1986 anymore. Very few if anyone could make it on fuel. A 33 gallon tank couldnt get you to the end. A 50 lap race at a half mile is next to impossible without a fuel stop. Tires wont make it 50 laps either especially with wing sprinters as a support class. Hopefully they make it 30 laps so we can see a good race and the best driver wins, not the guy who idled around for 30 laps waiting on everyone to run out of fuel and blow tires.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/17/12, 10:13 PM   #22
Re: eldora sprint car shootout 10,000 to win
mortboyz

Do they not sell those rock hard Champ Car right rears anymore?

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
7/17/12, 10:25 PM   #23
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
I am looking forward to 50 laps. 50 laps was a regular thing on high paying races in the day. They sometime had twin 50. Many of you probably did not know that Eldora Ran a 500 lap sprint race. I believe they did it for 3 years. I was not there but Rick Ferkel told me about it. Rick drove in those races and he ran two of them with the same tire.
That had to be one hard tire.
Do you need a ride to the track? We could probably pick you up!

7/17/12, 11:15 PM   #24
AaronBearden

Haha, for the record the Brickyard is a family thing for me. My parents have been to every 400, and my grandfather looks forward to it more than anything each year. It's more for the bonding than the racing that weekend.

I for one am all for a 50 lap feature over a 30. It adds a little more of an endurance factor to it, and laps at Eldora always seem to go by so quick.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/18/12, 6:43 AM   #25
lovindirt

I see this is a USAC race. Tire rules and all the bells and whistles rite.

7/18/12, 10:11 AM   #26
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Its not 1986 anymore. Very few if anyone could make it on fuel. A 33 gallon tank couldnt get you to the end. A 50 lap race at a half mile is next to impossible without a fuel stop. Tires wont make it 50 laps either especially with wing sprinters as a support class. Hopefully they make it 30 laps so we can see a good race and the best driver wins, not the guy who idled around for 30 laps waiting on everyone to run out of fuel and blow tires.

Posted via Mobile Device
They had to have a "Fuel RED FLAG" for the Kings on Saturday, it was 40 laps but couldnt even make that because of the cautions.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > eldora sprint car shootout 10,000 to win