IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Quality sprinters spread thin this weekend
7/31/10, 3:59 PM   #21
Re: Quality sprinters spread thin this weeken
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintManDave View Post
Well as of now the sprintcars should not be as thinly spread,as Waynesfield has been rained out ,and there is a good chance KC will be as there is a lot of rain in Ohio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Dont think Waynesfield was running sprints tonight Dave due to the race at Eldora.
Annnddddd, KC is two hours east of Cincy and I would think most of them are already there.

7/31/10, 6:56 PM   #22
RGraves

I will gladly sit through a tractor show at Haubstadt. Track is known for three grooves and that is what Mr. Helfrich is going to give to the fans to watch. Tom Helfrich should give seminars to other tracks about how to put on a good show. I have been going to Haubstadt for 25 years and I have never been disappointed. Quite possibly the best dirt track in the country....IMO.

There are bigger facilities to be found but none of them can produce an A-Main like Tri-State.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, skids59
7/31/10, 9:20 PM   #23
spruett

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Agree about Haubstadt they always produce a great track and show. They really put the work into it
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by spruett; 7/31/10 at 9:21 PM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, skids59
8/1/10, 1:47 AM   #24
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I wasn't making a big deal out of it but the 15-20 minute prep time was highly exaggerated more like 45 minutes twice durring the program. Honestly the big delay that night was countless laps trying to get lineups correct. This was also a memorial day weekend MSCS and Mod show bout five years ago.

Tracks great, everyone should see it at least once!
I have been going to Haubstadt since it opened and its never had a 45 minute track prep Have many beers did you have that night lol

1 member likes this post:
8/1/10, 2:01 AM   #25
racefan20

Well it all seemed to work pretty well. I think I am pretty close here. Eldora 24, Put 24, TSS 28, Paragon 27, burg 19 thats 122 right there and if you throw in the 14 Indiana based cars of the 19 that showed at KC before the rainout thats 136 sprint cars out tonight. Pretty damn good for a time of year that the car counts usually start to fade.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, skids59
8/1/10, 2:26 AM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im glad everyone had good turnouts. Sad for the teams and KC they didn't get it in.
Thanks for coming out teams!

8/1/10, 3:29 AM   #27
wolfracer69

sounds like all tracks had good shows so not always does car count meen better racing just more cars going home early

2 members like this post: grumpy racer, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Quality sprinters spread thin this weekend