IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ridiculed, Demoralized, Criticized
3/6/13, 8:30 PM   #21
Re: Ridiculed, Demoralized, Criticized
backitin

You guys are too easy. lol. Pretty easy to get a rise out of most of you. I'd have 95 percent of you guys beat before the gate went up just by hanging out in the pits with you, all in good fun.
p.s. nobody with half a brain thinks a speedwaybike sucks. I'd have to think the guy that posted that wouldnt be able to ride a lap at half speed. No offence to nobody but it takes a bit more gumption to go fast on a speedwaybike, I've done both and any fool can get up to speed in a car, I'm not saying any fool could be a racer, but any fool can go fast in a car, I promise very few can go fast on a speedwaybike.

3/6/13, 10:52 PM   #22
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
You guys are too easy. lol. Pretty easy to get a rise out of most of you. I'd have 95 percent of you guys beat before the gate went up just by hanging out in the pits with you, all in good fun.
p.s. nobody with half a brain thinks a speedwaybike sucks. I'd have to think the guy that posted that wouldnt be able to ride a lap at half speed. No offence to nobody but it takes a bit more gumption to go fast on a speedwaybike, I've done both and any fool can get up to speed in a car, I'm not saying any fool could be a racer, but any fool can go fast in a car, I promise very few can go fast on a speedwaybike.
Is it easier to go fast on a winged or non-wing speedway bike?

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: interpreter66, Max Revs, Pedaltime61x
3/6/13, 11:00 PM   #23
Flatrightrear

The WoO'S always have a great show at Haubstadt as the leaders are almost constantly in traffic during the feature. I really enjoy watching Sammy, Steve, Haud and other older drivers as I am 58, have been enjoying them race for 40 years and need to see them while we're all still on this earth. The clock is running on all of us and I think it is just fantastic that these guys are all capable of winning on any night. It just won't be the same for me when they retire so git while the gittin's good. I went to the King's Royal last year after missing it for a few years and had an absolute ball. The crowd is juiced up-- literally--, Tony has the place looking good and the speed, sound and power of the cars just turns my crank. Non-wing is normally closer racing and I love it but I can't slam the wingers. To be sure, non-wing and wing are different animals but that's the key. They're BOTH on the edge of insanity animals.

1 member likes this post: SpfldMile
3/7/13, 10:08 AM   #24
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55 View Post
Is it easier to go fast on a winged or non-wing speedway bike?

Posted via Mobile Device
To just go fast its way easier in any car, winged or not. With Speedway you need all the skills needed to be a good driver, have to be good with the fact YOU WILL BE HURT and you have to have above average balance, the bike is controlled by body position. I promise you if you try to go fast the first time on a speedwaybike you will crash hard a bunch of times before you get a decent lap in. No b.s. just a fact. I've seen everyone thats tryed to be up to speed right away on a speedwaybike crash a bunch of times in a row, no exceptions. That includes myself, one spinout and three grinders on my first day of riding. After that I won alot more than I crashed. Most guys quit, not because they're equipment is busted you can kick a speedwaybike straight. They quit because they're busted and they're to scared to try again.
Speedway=Purist of all motorsports

3/7/13, 10:16 AM   #25
hoscalecody

Quote:
To just go fast its way easier in any car, winged or not. With Speedway you need all the skills needed to be a good driver, have to be good with the fact YOU WILL BE HURT and you have to have above average balance, the bike is controlled by body position. I promise you if you try to go fast the first time on a speedwaybike you will crash hard a bunch of times before you get a decent lap in. No b.s. just a fact. I've seen everyone thats tryed to be up to speed right away on a speedwaybike crash a bunch of times in a row, no exceptions. That includes myself, one spinout and three grinders on my first day of riding. After that I won alot more than I crashed. Most guys quit, not because they're equipment is busted you can kick a speedwaybike straight. They quit because they're busted and they're to scared to try again.
In Any thing you need skills. Yea a fool could get a car to go fast Head on in to a wall in any thing you do you need skills i hate to say but even in Golf you need skills. Also if you dont like this site which is for open wheel cars winged, non wing Etc. Then just leave dont be crying that its not just a non-wing website!
Last edited by hoscalecody; 3/7/13 at 10:18 AM.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
3/7/13, 10:21 AM   #26
backitin

Yes you need skills all I'm saying is its easyier to fake it in a car, dont believe me come on out you can ride my bike. I'm not sure how we got onto speedway vs cars that wasnt my objective, my objective was to once again state my disgust for wings, and to stir things up on a slow day. Mission accomplished.
I had to edit this to try to distinquish the difference between driving ANY car and riding a Speedwaybike. Say you hop out in a sprintcar, any sprintcar. You start out going pretty quick, cause lets face it, thats what they're setup to do. You drive some laps getting faster and faster till going down the front stretch youre not sure if you can make the coming corner. Since your going straight you slowly let off the trottle and use just a touch of brakes. This slows you ever so slightly and with those huge contact patches you manage to scare yourself but make it thru the corner.
Now the same straight and corner on a Speedwaybike. Now if you know speedway the whole key is keeping your rear tire spun up, even in the straights. Know getting a little spooked you let off just a bit on the speedwaybike, the bike does two things instantly. First it wheelies, than it picks up speed like your being shot out of a sling shot. Now if yur lucky the front end is down and you dont wheelie into the wall, problem is theres no way your going to just ride thru the corner, impossible on four to six inches of contact patch, your going to push into the wall. Your next obtion is the difference between severe injury and just getting wadded up. You better blast that ***** wide open the second that front tire hits the decomposed granite, especially the instant you hit the wall, that way you might get lucky and blast off to crash away from the wall, otherwise your going to get sucked in. Going thru 3/4 treated plywood with your body sucks. Thats kinda the difference.
Last edited by backitin; 3/7/13 at 10:45 AM.

3/7/13, 10:52 AM   #27
cecil98

Quote:
To just go fast its way easier in any car, winged or not. With Speedway you need all the skills needed to be a good driver, have to be good with the fact YOU WILL BE HURT and you have to have above average balance, the bike is controlled by body position. I promise you if you try to go fast the first time on a speedwaybike you will crash hard a bunch of times before you get a decent lap in. No b.s. just a fact. I've seen everyone thats tryed to be up to speed right away on a speedwaybike crash a bunch of times in a row, no exceptions. That includes myself, one spinout and three grinders on my first day of riding. After that I won alot more than I crashed. Most guys quit, not because they're equipment is busted you can kick a speedwaybike
straight. They quit because they're busted and they're to scared to try again.
Why not start a site for Speedway Bikes? that way we won't have to read a dissertation on them while scanning a wing vs. non-wing thread....

3/7/13, 11:24 AM   #28
jmo8

Here, I'll save you the work of starting your own.

http://www.speedwaybikes.com/

2 members like this post: speed bump, team3521
3/7/13, 5:41 PM   #29
dirtball

Get a life!

3/7/13, 5:43 PM   #30
UberKuhlMan

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 70

I was really hoping that no one would reply to this and let the thread fizzle out. As it was a joke of a topic. Unfortunately, it did not.

I realize I am a hypocrite for even posting. Anyhow, if you know me, you know I'd pick a non wing race over a winged race any day. No matter what and I believe the only reason the WoO are in the media more often is because they are carrying giant billboards. However, I respect them for what they do. And the fans that support ANY form of sprint cars, midgets, Silver Crown cars etc. Putting down any other person for what they enjoy is NOT okay and "joke" or not, it's not something that deserves it's own thread.

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, dirt330, fish, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ridiculed, Demoralized, Criticized