IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Blame is Misplaced
7/5/11, 4:15 PM   #21
Re: Terre Haute Blame is Misplaced
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Was this the first time they tried to do a day race since calcium was banned?
Best Silver Crown finish I ever saw. Daytime race, and it wasn't that long ago.

http://fscpictorial.smugmug.com/2010...11342522_dB3Uh

7/5/11, 4:19 PM   #22
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
racers need to think clearly and for themselves..........
Ain't gonna happen in a race car! That's why there are yellow and red and black flags - race car drivers hardly ever slow down or stop on their own, that's what makes these guys what they are. They are conditioned to focus on getting up front and staying there. Green means go. Especially in a Silver Crown race, who can be expected to NOT take the chance they did on Sunday? Any guy who wouldn't have taken that chance would never have made it to the Silver Crown in the first place. Hind sight is 20/20, but you can't blame a guy for racing. You CAN blame USAC for NOT listening to the right people on Sunday morning. They haven't been listening for years, and I'm concerned it's going to get uglier before it gets better.

7/5/11, 4:36 PM   #23
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceckert View Post
One other thing: In this modern world, is there no such thing as an affordable and environmentally-approved substance that can limit dust in a racetrack-type of application? Couldn't one of us with some farming know-how (rules me out) make a fortune introducing such a solution? I understand that the calcium chloride that helped numerous tracks in the past, has been banned, but in this age when toxins that can cause birth defects are routinely sprayed on food crops anyway, isn't somebody on the cusp of creating a soluble dust-deterrent?
Absolutely there is. Our oil partner is a chemist, and the creator of our oil, and some of the awesome things that are keeping our troops safe from chemical warfare, among many other things has told me before it's definitely possible, and if there was a market for it, he would do it in a heartbeat. He said he knows how to do it, and will not hurt the environment as well.

7/5/11, 6:15 PM   #24
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Tracks don't get prepared in one morning. Nobody had touched the track before the weekend. I don't know if they were out there Saturday or not. I don't know why calcium wasn't used. Everybody knew it was going to be dusty. If anyone could have predicted it was going to be that bad, USAC would not have listened to them anyway. I don't know who USAC is accountable to, but I hope they ask what steps were taken to prepare the track and make arrangements to prevent this from happening in the future.
Useing Calcium is against the law now per EPA

7/5/11, 6:18 PM   #25
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Useing Calcium is against the law now per EPA
I just wonder about that, they sure use a lot in farming, but, what happened to using liquid soap, they used that after oil, and calcium were "banned"! Bob!

7/5/11, 6:23 PM   #26
jim goerge

I have also heard of tracks useing dish water soap like dawn and the EPA stopped that too

7/5/11, 6:42 PM   #27
TQ29m

We used to use car wash soap, at a Fairgrounds track, had no problems! Bob!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/5/11, 7:08 PM   #28
Dwayne

Quote:
One other thing: In this modern world, is there no such thing as an affordable and environmentally-approved substance that can limit dust in a racetrack-type of application? Couldn't one of us with some farming know-how (rules me out) make a fortune introducing such a solution? I understand that the calcium chloride that helped numerous tracks in the past, has been banned, but in this age when toxins that can cause birth defects are routinely sprayed on food crops anyway, isn't somebody on the cusp of creating a soluble dust-deterrent?
http://www.winningbrandscorporation....esentation.pdf

7/5/11, 7:22 PM   #29
Koonzee

Problem solved,on to Sprintweek.

7/5/11, 7:40 PM   #30
Tumey's 55

Quote:
I do have farming knowledge, can't help with a dust deterrent but can clarify that "toxins" that cause birth defects are not used on crops. You think EPA would ban CaCl, a simple salt, and allow chemicals which cause birth defects to be used on food? Now back to the racing discussion...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Blame is Misplaced